SAYA BERIKAN COPAS BEBERAPA DARI ISI FILE DOWNLOAD TANPA GAMBAR UNTUK MENJADI ACUAN ANDA. TOMBOL DOWNLOAD ADA DI BAWAH.
Once upon the time, there was a poor widow who had an only son named Jack. They were so poor and they did not have anything except a cow. When the cow had grown too old, his mother sent Jack to the market to sell it. on the way to the market, Jack met a butcher who had some beautiful beans in his hand. The butcher told the boy that the beans of great value and persuaded the silly lad to sell the cow for the beans.
Jack brought them happily. When he told his mother about this, his mother became so angry that she threw the beans out of the window.
When Jack woke up in the morning, he felt the sun shinning into a part of his room, but all the rest was quite dark and shady.
So he jumped to the window. What did he see? The beanstalk grew up quite close past Jack’s window. He opened the window and jumped to the beanstalk which ran up just like a big ladder.
He climbed … and climbed till at last he reached the sky. While looking around, he saw a very huge castle. He was very amazed.
Then Jack walk along the path leading to the castle. There was a big tall woman on the doorstep. Jack greeted her and asked for the giantess’ mercy to give him breakfast, because he felt very hungry. Although the giantess grumbled at first, finally she gave Jack a hunk of bread and cheese and a jug of milk.
Jack hadn’t finished when the whole house began to tremble with the noise of someone’s coming. “Oh! It’s my husband!” cried the giantess. “What on earth shall I do?”
Hastily the giantess opened a very big cupboard and hid Jack there.
- Where did Jack sell his cow?
- At a castle
- At the market
- At the giant’s castle
- At the butcher’s house
- On the way to the market
- What is the story about?
- Jack and a butcher
- Jack and the giantess
- Jack and the beanstalk
- A poor widow and his son
- The giantess and her husband
- “Oh! It’s my husband!” Cried the giantess (paragraph 7)
“What on earth shall I do?”
From the sentence we know that the giantess is ….. her husband.
- afraid of
- angry with
- fed up with
- annoyed with
- displeased with
- Jack’s mother looked very furious when Jack told that …..
- The beans were precious
- The butcher bought his cow
- He had sold his cow to a butcher
- He traded his cow for the beans
- He met a butcher on the way to the market
- What do we learn for the text?
- Sincerity make Jack get something precious
- Jack’s mother was a furious mother
- Poverty makes people hopeless
- The giantess took pity on Jack
- Jack was an innocent boy
- The type of the text above is …..
Shipbuilder’s strike continues
Government takes action
The bitter strike over pay and redundancies has now lasted over 8 weeks. Shipbuilders have told their leader to ‘fight to the end’ to stop dockyard from closing and 2,000 of their men losing their jobs.
Sir Albert Pringle, chairman of British Shipbuilder, has asked Peter Arkwright, the president of the shipbuilder’s union to attend a meeting next Thursday.
Meanwhile, the government has ordered Sir Albert to give important naval contract to Japanese
- The purpose of the text _____
- To persuade readers to be careful with their employees
- To inform readers about a newsworthy event
- To share an amusing story with readers
- To describe a report
- To describe a strike in a company
- What is the text about _____
- Peter Arkward
- Sir Albert Pringle
- Shipbuilder’s strike
- British shipbuilders
- Shipbuilder’s union
- The strike happened because _____
- The strike had lasted over 8 weeks
- Workers wanted changes on pay and redundancies
- Sir Albert Pringle has attended a meeting on Thursday
- Sir Albert gave important naval contracts to Japanese
- The shipbuilders’ leaders fought to the end to stop dockyard from closing
- Who asked Peter Arkward to attend a meeting next Thursday?
- The strikers
- The Japanese
- The government
- The chairman of British Shipbuilders
- The president of shipbuilders Union
Ted Robinson has been worried all the week. Last Tuesday he received a letter from the local police. In the letter he was asked to call at the station. Ted wondered why he was wanted by the police, but he went to the station yesterday and now he is not worried any more. At the station, he was told by smiling policeman that his bicycle had been found. Five days ago, the policeman told him, the bicycle was picked up in a small village four hundred miles away. It is now being sent to his home by train. Ted was most surprised when he heard the news. He was amused too, because he never expected the bicycle to be found. It was stolen twenty years ago when Ted was a boy of fifteen.
- What did Ted wonder?
- He was told by smiling policeman
- He went to the station
- He received a letter
- Why the police wanted him
- When he heard the news
- What was Ted told at the station?
- A policeman gives him a new bicycle
- His bicycle was stolen
- Someone had found his bicycle
- He was asked to bring a letter
- He was not worried anymore
- What did Ted feel when he heard the news?
- Keep silent
- When did someone steal the bicycle?
- Last Tuesday
- Fifteen years ago
- Five days ago
- Twenty years ago
- He was ….. the bicycle to be found. It was stolen twenty years ago when Ted was a boy of fifteen.
The sentence at the end of paragraph is called_____
In many large cities throughout the world, tall apartment building have replaced one or two storey family house. Big cities in Indonesia are following this trend. Apartment come in various shapes and sizes. There are small one-room apartments with kitchen no bigger than tiny closet, called studios. There are average-size apartment with two or three bedrooms. And there are also apartment consisting of many rooms, sometimes, occupying more than one floor. A type of luxury apartment, also called penthouse, is on the top floor of a high rise apartment building. Such an apartment sometimes come complete with a swimming pool and a garden flowers, scrubs, and even trees.
Away from the heart of cities, rows of one and two storey houses are springing up like mushroom everywhere, creating new suburbs. Split-level house are becoming increasingly popular in some places. This type of dwelling has floors built at two more different levels, connected by a short flight of stairs.
In American cities, one’s residence can be a simple wooden bungalow, a large steel-framed two-storey house, or even a sprawling brick ranch-style home, with all the rooms on one floor. In Indonesia, most houses in and around the cities are made of brick.
Many developers today use the cluster plan in building a new housing complex. In cluster planning houses are built close together in order to save place. These houses look alike. The design can simple plain, but also elaborate and stylish. To sell these houses, most real estate developers promote installment plants.
- What is the suitable title of the text?
- Homes for today
- Suitable dwelling
- Comfortable houses
- Two-storey building
- In which paragraph do you find the different kind of Indonesian and American houses?
- 3 and 4
- The purpose of the text is _____
- To describe the type of two storey building
- To give information about the past event
- To explain the different type of home
- To give readers amusement
- To convince the readers
- Where do many people stay in the past?
- split-level house
- one or two storey house
- One or two storey family houses _____ by tall apartment buildings.
- are replacing
- have replaced
- have been replaced
POSITION AVAILABLE : Division of Public Health and Clinical Nutrition.
The University Of Karachi General Hospital (KGH) is recruiting for an assistant clinical professor of medicine for The Division of Public Health and Clinical Nutrition. The candidate will participate in all teaching, clinical and basic research activities of the division and serve as chief of the public health clinic at KGH. The individual will be expected to develop independently funded clinical research programs. Dealing with public health issues and / for clinical nutrition. Board certification required. Competitive salaries in US dollars, airfare, and full board/lodging included. Professional growth and cultural opportunities abound. Send curriculum vitae, summary of clinical research interest, and three letters of reference to Faroque Khan, MD, 577 St. Kilda Road, Sidney 2000 Australia.
- Where would this information most likely appear?
- In a University newsletter
- In a medical periodical
- In a educational periodical
- In an internet memorandum
- In an internet
- Which of the following is part of the job description?
- Giving blood test
- Supervising research
- Repairing equipment
- Diagnosing patient
- Conducting fundraising
- Which of the following is requirement for employment?
- Pakistani medical licenses
- Medical board education
- Clinical nutrition training experience
- Abstract of published article
- Health clearance
- Which of the following is not necessary to apply?
- Curriculum vitae
- Clinical research summary
- Abstract of publish article
- Education certificate
- Whom would most likely apply to the job?
- A medical school professor
- A hospital administrator
- A general practitioner
- A nutritionist
- A pharmacist
Many years ago, there live a hermit in a forest in Sumatra. He did not grow food but depended on the jungle fruit to survive. Soon, there was drought, and all the plants and fruit trees in the jungle died.
The old man had nothing to eat now, so he turned to begging. He went to a nearby village trying to get some food. At first, the villagers were happy to help him. However, when he came continually, they refuse to give him anymore food. They told him to grow his own food.
One day, while the hermit was sitting in his hut, sad and hungry, he began to think about growing his own food. Just then, a boatman stopped by, and taking pity on the hermit, gave him some paddy seeds.
Before the boatman went away, he said, “The seed will grow and give you everlasting harvest if you work hard. If you are tired to work, the paddy will turn into weeds”.
The old hermit worked hard to clear the landed sowed the seeds before the rains came. Strangely, after a short period of time, the paddy was ready for harvesting. The old man got a lot of rice from the harvests. After each harvest, the plants grew back again right away.
When the villagers heard about the hermit and his wonderful paddy, they flock to his paddy field and took home as much paddy as they could.
One day, the hermit become so tired of harvesting the paddy that he shouted, “oh, stop growing, you wretched thing!” as soon he had said this, the paddy turned into weeds.
- The main idea of paragraph 5 is that _____
- The succession of paddy harvest
- The hermit should clean the land
- The hermit was successful as a farmer
- It needed a short of time to harvest the paddy
- The seed should be sown before the rains come
- Why did the paddy plants turn into weeds?
- The hermit got angry with the villagers
- The hermit stopped growing the paddy plants
- The villagers grew weeds instead of paddy plants
- The villagers took home as much paddy as they could
- The hermit shouted ordering the paddy plants to stop growing
- “One day, the hermit became so tired of harvesting the paddy that he shouted _____” (The last paragraph)
the antonym of “shouted” is _____
- Which statement is TRUE about the hermit?
- He lived in a small town in Sumatra
- He went to the village to ask for some food
- He liked to give the villagers fruit and paddy
- He died in the jungle when there was a drought
- He hated begging though there was nothing to eat
- What kind of writing is the text
- Narrative text
- Recount text
- Procedure text
- Report text
- Explanation text
- Next month, he _____ as a teacher for 20 years.
- has worked
- has been working
- will have been working
- will be working
- will work
- Rudy told me about the mouse, but I _____ it before.
- have see
- have seen
- Bronto leaves Surabaya for Medan by GIA 707 at 9 a.m. By 11 a.m. he ____ there.
- will arrive
- will have arrived
- was arriving
- English _____ three times in my school every week
- is taught
- are taught
- are teach
- was taught
- will be taught
- “ No body can do such a thing.”
- such a thing can be done by anybody
- a thing can be done by anybody
- a such thing can be done by somebody
- such a thing can’t be done by someone
- such a thing can’t be done by anybody
- Mother would buy a new T-shirt for me if she had the money. In fact, mother _____
- doesn’t buy
- didn’t buy
- has not buy
- He is not study hard and he can’t pass the exam. This means _____
- If he were study hard, he could pass the exam
- If he were study hard, he could pass the exam
- If he were study hard, he would pass the exam
- If he had studied hard, he could have passed the exam
- If he have study hard, he can pass the exam. They wishes she had attended the party last night.
This sentence means _____
- she doesn’t want to the party
- she is in the party now
- she is not in the party
- she didn’t attend the party
- she was in the party last night
- What a pity you live so far away.
I wish you _____ so far away.
- have lived
- had live
- didn’t live
- He walks as if he were mad. It means _____
- he is in fact not mad
- he is mad
- last year he was mad
- he had been mad
- he will be mad
- We are going on a long trip, so we must _____
- have checked the baggage
- have had the baggage checked
- to have the baggage checked
- have the baggage checked
- had the baggage checked
- Ibrahim : Boys, why did you throw
stones at my car?
Children : _____ mam, we didn’t
- You are right
- We don’t deny it
- We are sorry
- We admit it
- That’s not true
- Student : Is it all right if I read this
reference book in this room?
Librarian : _____
- Yes, you are
- Yes, certainty
- I don’t know
- Yes, you do
- It’s up to you
- X : This is your purse, madam. I got it
Y : Oh, that’s very kind of you. _____
- Thank you very much
- Don’t mention it
- Yes, it’s mine
- It’s a pleasure
- That’s all right
- Rezza : Wow, the beehive is getting bigger. I want to cover it.
Father : _____! The bees inside it may sting you
- Mind you head
- Don’t care it
- Be careful
- Watch it
- Student A : Have you went to Bali?
Student B : No, I haven’t, but I hope to
be able to do it next time.
The underlined expression shows_____
- Dian : Do you think nulvicious food
improve your health?
Rani : Yes, _____ it will
- I deny that
- I am absolutely
- I’m probably
- There’s a chance of
- I’m not certain
- The following expression can be used when someone says uncertainty, except _____
- I am not sure
- I am not certain
- Of course not
- I doubt
- Budi is very good in English, there is _____ of getting three.
- a good chance
- more chance
- a little chance
- no doubt
- X : Jane didn’t pass her exam.
Y : Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.
From the underlined word we know that the second speaker express her …..