SAYA BERIKAN COPAS BEBERAPA DARI ISI FILE DOWNLOAD TANPA GAMBAR UNTUK MENJADI ACUAN ANDA. TOMBOL DOWNLOAD ADA DI BAWAH.
THE OIL FORMATION
It was widely known that oil was formed from the remains of plants and animals that lived in the ocean many millions of years ago. The most familiar plants and animals that had formed oil were algae and plankton. They were accumulated on the seabed and were buried under layer of sediment. They were decomposed because the sediment preserved them from the process of decomposition. Instead, the organic matters were transformed by the action of bacteria into substance called kerogen. Over long period of time, further layers of sediment produced increased temperature and pressure, which change the kerogen into many different hydrocarbons.
Atoms of carbon and hydrogen join together in a number of characteristic arrangement to form hydrocarbon molecules. The smallest and simplest hydrocarbon is methane, which has a molecule consisting of a single carbon atom surrounded by four hydrogen atoms. Larger and more complex hydrocarbons have molecules made up of a chain or ring of carbon atoms. Benzene has a molecule consisting of six carbon atoms that form a ring; each ring atom has one hydrogen atom. Hexane consist of a chain of six carbon atoms. The first and the last atom of the chain have three hydrogen atoms, while the four carbon atoms in the middle have two hydrogen atoms each. That’s why crude oil can be thick and dark, or pale and thin.
- What is the main idea of the first paragraph?
- The organic matters that lived millions of years ago
- The process of oil formation
- How algae and plankton change into oil
- The transformation of algae and plankton into kerogen
- The changing of kerogen into hydrocarbon
- Why weren’t the algae and plankton decomposed? Because_____
- They were accumulated on the seabed
- They were transformed into kerogen
- They were preserved from decomposition by the sediment layers
- There was no bacterium to decompose them
- They were eaten by their predators
- What atoms formed benzene?
- One carbon atom and four hydrogen atoms
- One carbon atom one hydrogen atom
- Six carbon atoms and one hydrogen atom
- Six carbon atoms and six hydrogen atoms
- Six carbon atoms and fourteen hydrogen atoms
- Why can crude oil different? Because _____
- The number of the organic matters are different
- The pressure of the sediment layers are different
- The temperatures of the sediment layers are different
- There are methane, benzene and hexane
- The arrangement of hydrocarbon are different
- “Instead, the organic matters were transformed by the action of bacteria …..”
THE LEGEND OF THE RICE PADDY
Once upon the time, a man named Batara Guru created a beautiful girl. Her name was Retno Dumilah. Batara Guru was attracted to her. She informed him that he must meet three conditions. Food with everlasting taste, a shirt that can’t be ruined, and a gamelan a traditional Javanese instrument that can play by itself.
She would be married to him if he fulfilled all of these conditions. If not, she’d rather die. So, Batara guru sent a messenger to earth o find all of these conditions. On the way to earth, the messenger fell in love with Dewi Sri, Batara Wisnu’s wife. The messenger always followed her. She became mad, so the messenger was cursed by Dewi Sri.
Batara Guru continued to wait for the messenger. After a long time, he forgot about the conditions needed to marry Retno Dumilah. After sometime, he decided to try to hug her and see if she would consider marry him. Suddenly, she died. Just like she promised, she rather die than marrying Batara Guru without all of these conditions. He tried to bring her back to life. But, it was no use. And so, he buried her. After her funeral, some strange plant grew from her to feed the local citizen. From her head grew coconut tree, from her body grew rice paddy plants, from her hand grew hanging fruits. And from her feet grew taproot plants.
After that day, the rice paddy plants were spread all over the world. The rice paddy plants from the body of Retno Dumilah became the master paddy.
Another day, Dewi Sri was being chased by a wild pig. She asked Dewata Hindu’s God, if she could be banished instead of being chased by a wild pig. PLOP! She was suddenly banished from the world. She also became rice paddy plant. These rice paddy plants were planted in a paddy field. A farmer named Pak Tani was happy to plant Dewi Sri’s paddy. He was taught how to farm the rice paddy.
The wild pig who chased Dewi Sri died. Many kinds of insect that kill plants, like rats, appeared from his body. To fight the insects, Dewi Sri sent paddy field snakes to eat the rats. Because of this, farmers don’t kill paddy field snakes anymore, since they kill the insects that eat the rice.
- What is the main idea of the second paragraph?
- Batara Guru wanted to pursue Retno Dumilah
- Gamelan is the traditional Javanese instrument
- Three conditions that must be fulfilled by Batara Guru
- Retno Dumilah doesn’t love Batara Guru
- Retno Dumilah was attractive girl.
- Paragraph one is the _____ of the story.
- In which paragraph does Batara Guru have hard time?
- Paragraph 2
- Paragraph 3
- Paragraph 4
- Paragraph 5
- Paragraph 6
- The purpose of the text is _____
- to entertain the readers with the fable
- to amuse the readers with the legend of the rice paddy
- to inform the reader about the legend of Retno Dumilah
- to convince the readers with the legend of the rice paddy
- to explain the legend of the rice paddy to the readers
- “She was suddenly banished from the world”
The underlined word mean _____
- sent away
- went out
- What’s the type of this narrative text?
- Fairy tale
- Folk tale
Surabaya : The tourism fair country held in East Java’s capital, Surabaya, attract 51 tour operators, including 35 international operators, the organizer said.
The international tour operators participating in the Majapahit Trade fair came from United States, the Nederland, Taiwan, the Philippines, Middle east and Russia, the province’s head of tourism division Harun said on Thursday.
The fair, which opened on Thursday, will last through Sept. 8
Entitled “East Java as an Overland Destination”’ the fair mostly offer tourism package in East Java.
- The text is about _____
- The opening of the fair
- The international operators
- Tourism package
- The tourism fair in Surabaya
- The head of tourism division
- The tourism fair, “East Java as an Overland Destination”’ mostly offer tourism packages in East Java.
The underlined word means _____
- An important place
- A nice house
- The end of a journey
- The place we live
- An interesting area
- How is the generic structure of the text above?
- orientation – evaluation – complication – resolution – reorientation
- newsworthy event – background – source
- Identification – description
- orientation – events – reorientation
- aim/goal – material – steps
- What is the purpose of the text?
- To amuse the readers
- To give information to the readers
- To retell past event
- To describe a particular thing
- To persuade the reader
OST (Original Sound Track) of Brownies
“Bisa saja” is chosen as the first single of the album and theme song of Brownies, since the lyric reflects the story in the movie.
Budjana of GIGI demonstrates his skills in playing acoustic guitar in “cinta terakhir”. There other new band songs, “Dilema”, “jangan bilang pacarku”, and “semua orang berhak mendapat rasa bahagia”, give supporting nuances to the movie flows as GIGI composed them by imagining how the scenes look like based on the screen play.
When Hanung Bramantyo, the director, and Dewa Budjana of GIGI chatted, Budjana expressed his interest in making a soundtrack album. Then, he recommended a few of GIGI songs, which the producer accepted because of the chemistry they created with the movie.
Since GIGI can provide a variety of colors to add all kinds of musical nuances to enrich the movie, the producer seemed it unnecessary to find other musicians to compose OST of Brownies.
Armand Maulana (vocalist), I Gede Dewa Budjana (guitarist) Thomas Ramdhan (bass player), and Gusti Erhandy (drum-stand- in player for Budi Haryono) put a lot of effort into this album. As a result, they have created perfect blend of movie and song that makes Brownies tastier.
It’s always fun to have piece of Brownies in your mouth. But having it in our stereo set is more entertaining. No movie is perfect without musical score and OST of Brownies has proved it excellent.
- The type of the text is _____
- The purpose of the text is to _____
- amuse the readers
- describe musical instrument
- give information what the music means
- convince the readers how music is made
- critique an art of work or event for a public audience
- Which one of the word below does not belong to string musical instrument?
- As a result, they have created perfect blend of movie and song that makes Brownies tastier.
The underlined word “blend” has the same meaning as _____
- Some young boys are interested in _____ musical instruments as their hobbies.
- have played
Not Very Musical
As we had had a long walk through one of the markets of New Delhi, we stopped at a square to have a rest. After that time, we notice a snake charmer with two large baskets at the other side of the square, so we went to have a look at him. As soon as he saw us, he picked up a long pipe that covered with coins and opened one of the baskets. When he began to play a tune, we had our first glimpse of the snake. It rose out of the basket and began to follow the movements of the pipe. We were very much surprised when the snake charmer suddenly began to play jazz tunes and popular modern song. The snake, however, continued to ’dance’ slowly. It obviously could tell the difference between Indian music and jazz!
- Where did the event take place?
- In New Delhi
- In a market
- At a square
- In a street
- In the zoo
- What does the text talk about ?
- A snake show
- Modern songs
- A snake charmer
- The Indian music
- Shopping in Old New Delhi
- What will happen if the snake charmer plays different music?
The snake will _____
- keep on dancing slowly
- dance in different way
- dance more quickly
- obey the owner
- refuse to move
- _____ danced to follow the movement of the pipe.
- A snake charmer
- The people
- The snake
- A dancer
- The communicative purpose of the text is _____
- to describe a snake charmer
- to retell events for entertainment
- to share an amusing story with others
- to describe how the snake dances beautifully
- to inform the readers about the events of the day
- Risma _____ in that company since 1996
- to work
- has been working
- have work
- Andry _____ in Bogor for five years before he got a job in Bandung.
- was studying
- had studied
- have been studying
- had been studying
- Tati : May I borrow your new novel?
Lina : Yes, but next Monday. I ………. reading it by then.
- would finish
- will be finishing
- am finishing
- will have finished
- have finished
- This is very popular TV program. Every week, it _____ by million of people.
- being watched
- is watched
- has watched
- to be watched
- Find the passive form of “someone is following us”
- we are followed by someone
- we are following someone
- we are being followed by someone
- we being followed by someone
- we have been followed someone
- We would not have lost our money, if we _____ the bag in the car.
- have left
- had left
- would have
- would have left
- If I had a motorbike, I would follow the road race. It means _____
- I had a motorbike so I could follow the road race
- I didn’t have a motorbike yet so I followed the road race
- I didn’t have a motorbike, so I didn’t follow the road race
- I don’t have a motorbike, so I don’t follow the road race
- I don’t have a motorbike yet, so I follow the road race
- If only I _____ more time, I would have come to your house.
- had had
- had have
- The handsome boy gave me the flowers and went away.
I wish I _____ his name.
- had asked
- would have asked
- Tommy talks as if he knew a lot about machines.
It means _____
- Tommy was not interested in machines
- Tommy pretends not to know anything about machines
- Tommy is a good mechanic
- Tommy has a machines
- Tommy doesn’t know anything about machines
- The old tree is dangerous. I’ll have it cut tomorrow. It means _____
- I will cut the tree myself
- I will have cut the tree tomorrow
- I will find someone to cut the tree tomorrow
- Someone will tell me that the tree is dangerous
- Someone will ask me to cut the tree.
- What a lovely birthday cake you’re taking?
Did you make it yourself?
No, I _____
- to be made
- had it made
- had to made it
- had made it
- having made it
- Azhar : What’s wrong with your
camera, Tom ?
Tommy : The lens doesn’t focus well.
Azhar : _____ ?
Tommy : No, thanks. I can fix it myself
- Will you bring it to a repairman?
- Should I change it?
- Do you need some help?
- Have you had it repaired?
- Would you buy a new one?
- Student : I’ve finished the test, here
you are sir!
Teacher : Good. You _____
- can’t stay here
- will leave the room
- can’t tell anything
- may leave the classroom
- must say thank you
- Passenger : Is it allowed to bring a bird
on the plane?
Officer : I am sorry, it’s not allowed
The underlined utterance express_____
- Anton : What do think about the war?
Mardi : The cost of the war in death
suffering and destruction of
property was enormous. It really
make people so _____
- up set
- Budi : A customer of the bank is
extremely displeased of your
Amir : It made him that he did not like to
save his money.
The underlined utterance express_____
- Perhaps, you were mistaken about what you saw.
The underlined word express _____
- We can show satisfied with the following expressions, except_____
- I am satisfied
- I am very satisfied
- I am very pleased
- I am extremely pleased
- I complain about
46. Teacher : Why do you throw the rubbish in
the class? You must not do that. Keep it clean!
Anton : All right Sir.
The underlined word express ……..
- Lisa : What about going to a seafood
Dad : ……..
What will daddy say to show that he doesn’t like seafood?
- I’m afraid I like fish
- I can’t stand eating seafood
- I am really fond of eating fish
- I am sure I’ll enjoy it very much
- It’s menu doesn’t offer us many kinds of seafood
- Donny : What about your English test result?
Tania : …….. with it. I only got 5.
- I am dissatisfied
- I am greatfull
- I am pleased
- I am not annoyed
- I feel satisfied
- Policeman : Your truck causes too much
Driver : Oh,….. officer
Policeman : Please, consult a mechanic about it.
Driver : Yes, I will.
- Why not
- I’m sorry
- Don’t mention it
- How come
- X : What do you think of government
liquidating several banks recently?
Y : I’m one of the costumers of the liquidated banks, so …..
- I’m keen on it
- I’m interested in it
- I’m aware of it
- I’m unhappy about it
- I’m sure about it