SAYA BERIKAN COPAS BEBERAPA DARI ISI FILE DOWNLOAD TANPA GAMBAR UNTUK MENJADI ACUAN ANDA. TOMBOL DOWNLOAD ADA DI BAWAH.
Soal Try Out Bahasa Inggris SMA
Throughout history man has changed his physical environment in order to improve his way of life. With the tools of technology he has altered many physical features of the earth reservoirs out of rivers for irrigation purposes or hydroelectric power. Man has also modified the face of the earth by draining marshes and cutting through mountains to build roads and railways.
However, man’s changes to the physical environment have not always had beneficial results. Today, pollution of the air and water is an increasing danger to the health of the planet. Each day thousand of tons of gases come out of the exhausts of motor vehicle; smoke from factories pollutes the air of industrialized areas and the surrounding of the countryside. The air in cities is becoming increasingly unhealthy.
The pollution of water is equally harmful. In the sea, pollution from oil is increasing and is killing enormous number of algae, fish, and birds. The whole ecological balance of the sea is being changed. The same problem exists in rivers. Industrial wastes have already made many rivers lifeless.
Conservationists believe that it is now necessary for man to limit the growth of technology in order to survive on earth.
- The writer’s main purpose in writing the text is to _____
- show the advantages of modern technology
- explain why exhausts of cars are dangerous
- discuss how the tools of technology can improve ma’s way of life
- warn us against the harmful effect of air and water pollution
- point out how man has modified the face of the earth
- According to the text, air pollution may occur in the following locations, except _____
- the surrounding of industries
- big cities crowded with cars
- the countryside near factories
- the harbors where oil tankers anchor
- housing areas close to manufacturing plants
- The first paragraph tells us about the effect of technology on _____
- the history of man
- water reservoirs
- the physical features of the earth
- improvements in man’s life
- the construction of railroads
- According to the text, which of the following is the cause of water pollution?
- oil refiners
- algae, fish, and birds
- factory wastes
- thousands of tons of gases
- ecological balance
- We may conclude that the writer is in favor of_____
- restricting the growth of technology
- altering the ecological harmony of the sea
- modifying the face of the earth by building transport facilities
- preventing human being from using technology
- killing fish and birds that pollute the sea
Paris is the capital of the European nation of France. It is also the most beautiful and most famous city in the world.
Paris called the city of light. It is also an international fashion center. Woman all over the world will wear what stylish women are wearing in Paris. Paris is also a famous world center of education. For instance, it is the headquarters of UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
The Seine River divides the city into two parts. Thirty-two bridges cross this Seine River. The oldest and perhaps most well known us the Point Neuf, which was built in the sixteenth century. The Sorbonne, a famous university, is located on the left bank (south side) of the river. The beautiful white church Sacre Coeur lives on the top the hill called Montmartre on the Right Bank (north side) of the Seine.
There are many other famous places in Paris, such as the famous museum the Lourve as well the cathedral of Notre Dame. However, the most famous landmark in this city must be the Eiffel Tower.
Paris is named after group of people called the Parisii. They built a small village on the island in the middle of the Seine River about two thousand years ago. This island, called the Ile de la cite, is Notre Dame is located. Today, around eight million people live in Paris area.
- The topic of the text is _____
- France, European nation
- The city of Paris
- French culture
- The Seine River
- Education in France
- Where is the Sacre Coeur located?
- in the city of light
- on the southern side of the river
- outside Paris
- next to the Sorbonne University
- on the top of the mountain
- According to the text, which of the following statements is TRUE about Pont Neuf?
- Pont Neuf is one of the oldest universities
- Pont Neuf is located near Montmartre
- Pont Neuf separates the Sceine River from the city
- Pont Neuf is a bridge crossing the Seine River
- Pont Neuf is located on the south side of the Seine
- From the text we know that Notre Dame is Located _____
- on the left bank
- near the Lourve
- on the right bank
- outside the city of Paris
- on neither bank
- Which of the following statements is TRUE?
- The name Paris originated from the name of the inhabitants of the lie de la Cite
- French people were called Parisii two thousand years ago.
- Paris was the name of a small village in the middle of the Seine River
- In ancient times, Paris was on an island called Ile de la Cite
- Lie de la Cite used to be an island located in the middle of the Seine River
Children love cartoons, and they can sit for hours watching them. For this reason, Sunday morning television offers cartoon program after another. However, given the age of the viewing audience, these programs communicate a disturbing message; they suggest that the world in one big battlefield with warfare which is the primary activity of human and aliens alike. In cartoons, animated characters shoot, boom, and blow one another up. The message is that warfare is fun, without any serious or damaging effects. And that message is further reinforced by the commercial interruptions, which are designed to sell everything from play thanks to toy grenades.
- The main idea of this paragraph is _____
- children love cartoon on Sunday morning
- cartoons give children a mistaken view of the world
- children spend too much time watching cartoons
- television offers the children too many cartoons
- children loves the animated characters in cartoons
- From the paragraph we can conclude that the writer _____
- is concerned about the effect of all TV programs on children
- object to the violence shown in cartoon films
- thinks that too much commercials interrupt television programs
- is worried about the warfare that is going on in the world
- suggests that children should not be allowed to watch television
The technological revolution that will prevail for the reminder of this century will create jobs and professions that as little as five years ago were 13_____. These newly developed markets will demand of workers and understanding of 14_____ technical communications systems as well as an increased technical 15_____. By the year 2001 basic skills that 16_____ were vital to business will be rendered obsolete.
The most 17_____ trend in years to come will be the shift from formation-type jobs such as factory work, office typing and general clerical works to information-type jobs such as programming, word processing and supervising technical machinery.
Health officials who made checks at cemeteries discovered that cemeteries had become one of the main causes for the spread of dengue fever in urban areas. They were shocked to find a lot of aedes mosquitoes breeding in cemeteries. The aedes mosquito spreads Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever, DHF, to man.
The officials found a lot of pots, bottles and vases holding flowers at the graves left there by people visiting the graves of their relatives. These containers had eventually accumulated rainwater and they soon became breeding grounds for these mosquitoes. Those living near cemeteries also became victims of dengue fever. Sadly it was the death of a caretaker of a cemetery that promoted he officials to investigate the surrounding near his house. This had led to the discovery of cemeteries as a breeding ground for aedes mosquitoes.
Since this discovery, the Health Department has appealed to the caretaker and the different association in charge of graveyards to clear all containers left at graves as quickly as possible. The number of dengue fever cases notified was highest among the Chinese, followed by Malaysia, Indians, and others. All these cases had been mainly from the city areas. The Health Department is continually strengthening dengue prevention and control by holding talks, shows, fogging housing estates and conducting checks at homes.
- The main information of the text is about_____
- the causes of DHF urban areas
- the instruction of health officials
- cemeteries as the source of aedes mosquitoes
- the victims of DHF in Asian countries
- prevention and control of DHF
- According to the text, all of the following sentences about DHF prevention and control are TRUE, except:
- ordering people to throw away all the containers they have in their homes
- informing the general public about DHF
- fogging the houses in every neighborhood
- eliminating possible breeding grounds of mosquitoes at graveyard
- giving talks to people in charge of graveyards
- Health officers fell the need to investigate cemeteries as a potential source of DHF because_____
- cemeteries are commonly known as the breeding places of aedes mosquitoes
- many people visiting the cemeteries became victims of DHF
- it is believe that visitors to cemeteries were carriers of DHF
- a person working for one of the cemeteries died of DHF
- rains brought aedes mosquitoes to breed in cemeteries
- To prevent aedes mosquitoes from breeding in cemeteries, the government does not allowed_____
- Chinese, Malays and Indians to go to cemeteries
- People to bring flowers to the cemetery
- Talks about DHF to be conducted at cemetery
- Any containers that holds water to be left at the graves
- Health officials to keep a check on cemetery visitors
- “Fogging housing estates” in line 12 means_____
- creating a dust cloud in the housing areas
- blowing disinfectants around the house
- pumping smoke to the neighborhood
- cleaning the house of DHF victims
- spraying housing areas with a special pesticides
Once upon a time, centuries go, in Karo there was a beautiful girl called the Green Princess. The fame of her beauty spread as far as Aceh to the West and the present state of Malaysia to the North. And so will not be surprised when I tell you that the Sultan of Aceh was captivated by her beauty and was determined that she would be his wife. However, even the Sultan had to join the queue of hopefuls waiting for a chance to propose marriage to this beautiful princess. Day after day each man presented himself to the princess, but she rejected each of them one by one.
The Sultan was not used to being refused anything and so became very angry. In fact, he was so upset, that he sent his soldier to force the princess to accept him in marriage. This was not very civilized way of doing such a things, but love can make a man behave in strange ways. The princess however was not the kind of woman who surrendered easily. With the help of her brother she managed to resist the Sultan’s army. Her brothers were a strange pair: one was like a cannon, the other like a dragon.
Day by day out the cannon – brother launched bombs on the Sultan’s army. This went on for fortnight until the cannon – brother overheated and broke into pieces. This way very unfortunate for the princess as now she had no defender. Her dragon – brother, since he was a sea – dragon, was at sea. And since dragon have to remain in the sea, he was unable to help his sister on the land. The result of all this was that the Sultan’s army captured her princess and took her by sea to Aceh.
While on board the Sultan’s ship, the princess sobbed and cried. Hearing her sorrow, her dragon – brother came to the surface of the sea and snatch her for the hands of the soldiers. Imagine their amazement at seeing the sea – dragon.
“And what happened then to the Green Princess?” I asked
“Her dragon – brother took her down beneath the waves. No one has ever seen her since.”
- Which the following would make the best title for the above text?
- Dragon frightens Sultan’s army
- The Green Princess
- Historic battle in Karo land
- The sea – dragon saves the day
- The human cannon
- “The sultan was captivated her beauty” means _____
- He was forced to wear a cap
- He was made a prisoner
- He was greatly attracted to her
- He wanted to capture her beauty
- He resisted her beauty
- Why did the Sultan not accept the princess’s refusal?
- He was not in the habit of hearing “No”
- He was a great lover
- He thought she didn’t really mean “No”
- He was a proud man
- He was suffering from ear problems
- How many brothers did the princess have?
- we don’t know
- Why did the cannon – brother overheated?
- He ate too much
- He fired too many bombs
- The day was very hot
- He was hit by the Sultan’s men
- He was a weak man
- What in the type of the text above?
- The organization of the text is _____
- General classification – description – conclusion
- General classification – description – orientation
- Orientation – description – conclusion
- Orientation – complication – reorientation
- Orientation – complication – resolution
- The purpose of the text is _____
- to orientation the readers with the ballads
- to amuse the readers with the legends
- to entertain the readers with the legend from Karo
- to explain the readers with the legend from Karo
- to show the readers with the legend.
- This is the picture of my mother, _____ I have ever taken
- of which
- “Do you hear something?”
“Yes, somebody _____ at the door?
- is knocking
- has knocked
- was knocking
- “Why do those people look panic?”
“Their semi permanent houses _____”
- are demolished
- to be demolished
- to demolished
- are being demolished
- _____ a few million rupiahs, he went on a tour to Europe
- Have saved
- He has saved
- Having saved
- After he saves
- The manager was frustrated when he learnt of the _____ results of the training course
- “As a student, I always had instant noodles for breakfast.”
This means that I _____ for breakfast.
- am having instant noodles
- like to have instant noodles
- am used to having instant noodles
- have instant noodles
- used to have instant noodles
- _____ Andy seldom attends classes, he is always one of the best students in class.
- The fact that he was put in prison for something that he had not done made his wife_____
- to be crying
- to cry
- “After I finished my article, I had it edited. This means that _____
- I had edited my article
- My article would be edited
- Somebody edited my article
- I was asked to edit my article
- I had to edit my article myself
- The murder suspect wanted to tell the police the truth _____ they were afraid.
- Rudi would have lost his way in London if he hadn’t been able to speak English well.
The above sentence means_____
- Rudi got lost because his English was poor
- Although Rudi’s English was good, he got lost
- As Rudi could communicate in English, he got lost
- In spite of his poor English, Rudi did not get lost
- Rudi did not get lost because his English was good
- Joko : I have never seen such a beautiful wedding ceremony
Robert : _____ It was really great
- I got it know
- I wouldn’t say that
- I was very satisfied
- I quite agree with you
- I am very happy to hear that
- Husband : My car’s battery is very weak
Wife : Why don’t we get a new one?
Husband : I think we should, but I wish I could recharge the battery
The underlined expression means that he _____ recharge the battery.
- can not
- does not
- could not
- Mary : Hello
John : Hi, Mary. This is John. Do you feel like going to a move this evening?
Mary : That’s sounds great, John. I haven’t been to a movie for a long time
The underlined utterance expresses_____
- Indri : There are too many businessmen in our country who are incapable of exporting the natural resources to European countries
Jono : That’s true. It’s because of their lack of experience about it.
The underlined words express_____
- The family planning program in our country has been successful in decreasing the infant mortality
The underlined word means_____
- the birth rate
- the death rate
- the population rate
- the population growth
- the number of the people
- A theatrical form of dance is typically combined with music, stage design and costume in an integrated whole based on a scenario
The closest meaning of the underlined word is_____
- Banks normally hold customers’ money in two distinct forms: current account and deposit account.
The underlined word is similar to _____
- Linda : Poor Rini, his father was killed in the catastrophe
Lucy : Really ?
Linda : Yes
The synonym of the underlined word is_____
- The last king of France was overthrown by the French revolution in 1789
The underlined word means_____