SAYA BERIKAN COPAS BEBERAPA DARI ISI FILE DOWNLOAD TANPA GAMBAR UNTUK MENJADI ACUAN ANDA. TOMBOL DOWNLOAD ADA DI BAWAH.
I personally think that English is the world’s most important language. Why do I say that?
Firstly, English is an international language. Many people all over the world, either as a first or second language, speak it.
Secondly, English is also the key to opens doors to scientific and technical knowledge that is needed for economic and politics development of many countries in the world.
Thirdly, English is a top requirement of those seeking jobs. Applicants who master either active or passive are more favorable than those who don’t.
From the facts about, it is obvious that everybody needs to learn English to greet the global era.
- The main idea of the text is _____
- English is international language
- English is the world’s most important language
- English is a top requirement of those seeking jobs
- English is learned by everybody to greet the global era
- English is the key to open the doors a scientific and technical knowledge
- How do you know that English is an international language?
- It is the most important language
- It is needed to greet the global era
- It is as second language in many countries
- It is spoken by many people all around the world
- It is needed for economic and politics development
- “ _____ that everybody needs to learns English to greet the global era.” (paragraph 5)
- to refuse
- to discuss
- to celebrate
- to welcome
- to memorialize
- The communicative purpose of the text is _____
- to describe English
- to retell the past event
- to give report to the people over the world
- to give information about the importance of English
- to persuade the reader about the important of English
- “ _____ than those who don’t (paragraph 4). Those refers to _____
- many people
- people with active English
- people who master English
- people with passive English
Nobody likes paying taxes. Even those who know that taxation is necessary and just are reluctant to pay taxes. It is not pleasant to see part of your monthly income taken away from you in income tax. Ignorant people think this is in justice and make a grievance of it; so it is just as well that we should know why we are taxed, so that we can see the fairness of the system.
Every country must have a government of some sort, or life would be impossible. The primary duties of a government are to protect the life and property of the citizen, to maintain law and order and settle dispute between citizens in a just and orderly way through the law-courts, to defend the countries from foreign foes, and to maintain the roads and highways. Besides many governments maintain and direct education, provides hospitals for the sick, and attends the sanitation. All these great public duties need money; an army and navy have to be kept up, the police force and the judges have to be paid, schools have to be provided and teachers supported, expert health-officers and sanitary engineers have to be employed. Now where is all the money needed for the public service from? The question is answered by another. For those benefits are all these service maintained? The answer is, for the benefits of the public. It is the people as a whole, rich and poor, that benefit by security of life and property, by the sound administration of justice, by the maintenance of roads, by the public hospital, public schools and good sanitation. Therefore it is only right that the public, the individual citizens of the country should contribute the money needed; for the money they give comes back to them in the shape of these public benefits which all enjoy.
So long, therefore, as we have a good and efficient government, so long our money is being used in the right way and so long as the burden of taxation is distributed fairly, as different classes can bear it, we have no right to grumble as having to pay our share of the taxes.
- Which of these titles is the most suitable for the text above?
- Objection to taxes
- Why citizens are taxed
- The burden of taxation
- Taxation is a necessity
- Income taxes
- The topic of paragraph 2 is _____
- The reason of taxation
- The right of citizens
- The expenses of public duties
- The duties of a government
- The types of public services
- According to the following statements are true, except _____
- Everyone knows that taxation is necessary
- The public must bear their shares of public expense
- It is the government’s duty to provide hospitals for the sick
- The same amount of income tax is imposed on the rich and the poor
- The tax payers enjoy public services provided by the government
Lizards are reptiles. Snakes, alligators and crocodiles are also reptiles. There are more species of lizard than of any other reptile. Like snakes, lizards have dry, scaly skin. Most lizards are only a few centimeters long. The biggest lizard is the Komodo dragon. It can be up to 10 feet (3 meters) long.
Lizards have four legs and a long tail. Some lizards can run fast on their hind legs. Some lizards use their legs for swimming. Some lizards have claws on their toes for climbing trees. The gecko has toes that grab like suction cups. Gecko can climb up wall and walk across ceiling. The glass lizard and the slowworm have very short legs. These lizards look more like snakes that crawl on their bellies.
Most lizards live in warm places such as deserts and the tropics. The tropics are areas near the equator, the imaginary circle that runs Earth’s middle. Most lizards cannot live in cold places. Lizards are cold-blooded. They cannot make their own body heat. They must lie in the sun to warm up. The common lizard lives the farthest north of any lizard. It can live near the North Pole. Some lizards burrow into the ground. Some lizards live in trees. Other lizards live on or near water.
- These animals belong to lizards, except …
- Glass lizard
- The specification of lizard is …
- the wet skin
- no legs
- living in polar area
- cold blooded
- small in size
- It can be up to 10 feet (par.1)
The underlined word refer to …
- From the text we can conclude that …
- Lizards are different with reptiles
- Komodo is the bigger animals
- Lizards will be better in warm places
- Lizards cannot live in trees
- Sun has bad effect to lizards
- Some lizards can run fast on their hind
The bold word means …
Hurricanes generally occur in the North Atlantic from May through November, with the peak of hurricane season in September, only rarely will they occur from December through April in that part of the ocean. The main reason for the occurrence of hurricanes on the water surface is at its warmest and the humidity of the air is at its highest.
Of the tropical storms that occur each year in the North Atlantic, only about five on the average, are powerful enough to be called hurricanes. To be classified as hurricane, a tropical storms must have wind reaching speeds of at least 117 kilometers per hour, but the winds are often more stronger than that; the winds of intense hurricanes can easily surpass 200 kilometers per hour.
- The passage mainly discusses …
- the number of hurricanes in a year
- the strength of hurricanes
- the weather in the North Atlantic
- hurricanes in a certain part of the world
- hurricanes and disasters of the world
- Which of the following TRUE according to the text?
- There are always hurricanes in the North Atlantic all years round
- Extremely warm weather and high humidity can cause hurricanes
- Very strong winds are the result of hurricanes
- Hurricanes occurs every month from may to November
- Tropical countries have a lot of intense hurricanes
In total, the plant has need of at least 16 elements, of which the most important are carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus, sulfur, potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
The plant obtain carbon and hydrogen dioxide from the atmosphere; other nutrients are taken up from the soil. Although the plant contains sodium, -iodine, and cobalt, these are apparently not essential. This also contain true of silicon and aluminum.
Overall chemical analyses indicate that the total supply of nutrients in soils is usually high in comparison with the requirements of crop plants. Much of this potential supply, however, is bound tightly in forms that are not released to crops fast enough to give satisfactory growth. Because of this, the farmer is interested in measuring the available nutrient supply as contrasted to the total quantities.
- Which of the following elements is not taken up from the soil?
- Why do farmers prefer considering the only available nutrients to the total quantities of nutrient found in the soil? Because …
- they do not know how to obtain all the nutrients
- chemical analyses indicate that the soil contains all the nutrients needed
- the nutrients are in the soil
- most of the nutrients are bound in compounds
- some of the nutrients are found in the atmosphere
- The topic of paragraph three is about …
- the result of chemical analyses
- the requirements of crop plants
- giving satisfactory growth to the plants
- measuring the available nutrients supply
- the abundant of nutrients in the soil
- How many elements, which are not very important, can be found in the plants?
- “The plant obtain carbon and hydrogen dioxide … “ (par 2)
Obtains means …
Tsunamis occur when a major fault under the ocean floor suddenly slips. The displaced rock pushes water above it like a giant paddle, producing powerful water waves at the ocean surface. The ocean waves spread out from the vicinity of earthquake source and move across the ocean until they reach the coastline, where their height increases as they reach the continental shelf, or rises, from the ocean floor up to the land.
Tsunamis wash ashore with often-disastrous effects such as severe flooding, loss of lives to drowning, and damage property.
A tsunami is a very large sea wave that is generated by a disturbance along the ocean floor. This disturbance can be earthquake, a landslide, or a volcanic eruption. A tsunami is undetectable far out in the ocean, but once it reaches shallow water, this fast traveling wave grows very large.
- What is the purpose of the text?
- to describe the way thing are
- to explain the natural phenomenon
- to study about life
- to discuss the natural human
- to describe the living phenomenon
- How does the displaced rock push water above it?
- like ocean floor
- like ocean surface
- like a giant paddle
- like volcanic eruption
- like continental shelf
- What are some disastrous effects of the tsunami?
- an earthquake, a landslide ocean floor, and eruption
- severe flooding, lost of lives, and damage property
- damage property, continental shelf, and eruption
- lost of lives, fast traveling, and damage property
- severe flooding, reaches shallow water, and eruption
- Tsunami reaches shallow water, this fast traveling wave grows …
- very small
- very big
- very large
- very fast
- very short
- A tsunami is very large wave that is generated by a disturbance along …
- the ocean surface
- the continental shelf
- the disastrous effect
- the ocean floor
- the shallow water
In some countries, school uniform is normal and most schools make their students wear one. Most students in Britain, for example, use uniform to school. It is also required at almost all school in Japan. However, the question of whether children should wear a uniform to school always makes for a lively debate.
According to those who oppose the obligation to use school uniform, we all have a right to individuality to make personal choices and to express our personality. The right of free expression includes the way we choose to dress. Making everyone wear the same school uniform infringes on our rights. In addition, uniform often not practical or pleasant to wear. Designs are old-fashioned and ugly. For cheapness, uniform items are often made of poly cottons, which are hot in warm weather but don’t keep children properly warm in winter. Children in uncomfortable outfits are unlikely to learn much.
On the other hand, those who agree with making students use uniform argue that it helps to create a sense of belonging and a good ethos. Besides that, uniform is a social leveler.
- What is the topic of the whole text?
- The advantages of wearing school uniform
- The controversy of wearing school uniform
- Thinking what should be worn on each school day
- Whether the students have to choose their own clothes
- Making everyone have to wear the same school uniform
- “we all have a right to individuality” (par 2)
The underlined word is similar with …
- most suitable
- which is good
- contrasted with left
- contrasted with wrong
- proper authority or claim
- “Children in uncomfortable outfit are unlikely to learn much”
This sentence means that …
- children do not like to learn much
- it is not necessary for children to learn much
- children in uncomfortable outfit have a good chance to learn
- to learn much, children have to wear uncomfortable clothing
- it is impossible to learn much if their clothing are uncomfortable
- Why are uniforms items usually made of poly cottons?
- Because poly cotton is not expensive
- Due to the good and expensive design
- As it can be worn by all size of students
- Since poly cotton clothes keeps children warm in winter
- Because students don’t have time thinking what to wear
- Which of the following belongs to favorable opinion of wearing school uniform?
- Uniform is not practical to wear
- The uniform designs are often old fashioned
- Uniform makes all the children at school equal
- Uniforms worn by students fir no one really well
- Making all students wear the same clothes goes against the right
JAKARTA: Noted composer Erwin Gutawa and his orchestra will hold his solo concert. Konser EG, at the Plenary Hall of the Jakarta Convention Center on 16th May 2008. He will play various kind of music, from pop and rock to jazz and traditional music.
Top singers such as Rossa, Krisdayanti and Ruth Sahanaya, as well as group band Sheila on seven and Slank will also perform in the show.
Erwin, a former member of the Karimata jazz band won AMI 2001 as the best music arranger for his instrumental album.
- Who will hold the concert?
- Erwin Gutawa
- Karimata Jazz Band
- Ruth Sahanaya and Rossa
- Sheila on seven and Slank
- Erwin Gutawa and his orchestra
- The list of artists performed in the concert is the main idea of paragraph …
- 1 and 2
- 2 and 3
- Which one of the following sentences is true?
- Erwin Gutawa will hold the second concert in 2002
- Various kind of music will be played except jazz
- Slank and Sheila on seven won’t perform in the concert
- The traditional music was ignorance in the concert
- Erwin formerly played jazz music with Karimata Band
- … various kinds of music, from pop and rock to jazz and traditional music. (par 1)
- up to date
- The purpose of the above text is to …
- report factual information to the readers
- describe how the concert held in Jakarta
- remind the readers about a new policy
- entertain the readers
- describe about Erwin Gutawa
The government’s kerosene conversion policy is appropriate, as the country has become an oil importer in the last several years.
With this conversion, government’s expenditures and fuel reserves can be saved at the same time. Anyway, the use of around 10 million kiloliters of kerosene a year has burden the state budget. The reserves of this no-renewable fuel are also continuously depleted.
The government decision not totally withdraws kerosene from conversion areas before local communities fully accept the program is also correct. The supply of kerosene as temporary solution gives relief to middle and lower income people. So, the government should communicate the advantages of the conversion to the public in readily intelligible language. We should indeed learned from experience that various well-intentioned schemes for society have not been automatically welcomed
- What does the text tell you about?
- the government policy
- the government program
- the conversion of kerosene
- the low and middle income people
- the reserves of non-renewable fuel
- “The reserves of this non-renewable fuel are also continually depleted” (par2)
- Fossil fuel
- Oil reserves
Lance Armstrong’s Discovery Channel team won the team time trial of the Tour de France on Tuesday, giving the six-time champion the over all race lead. The 33 years old American led his team to victory for the third straight year in the time trial, clocking 1 hour, 10 minutes, 40 second for the 67,5 kilometers trek from Tours to Blois. Team CSC placed the second, 2-second behind –AP.
- What is the news about?
- The Tour de France
- The teams in the race
- The Discovery Channel team
- The tour de France championship
- The victorious team of Armstrong’s
- Which of the following is TRUE about the news?
- Armstrong has been a champion for the fifth time
- Team CSC placed the second, 12 second behind
- Armstrong’s time was 1 hour, 20 minutes, 40 second
- Armstrong’s team won the time trial for the third straight year
- Armstrong won the team time trial of the Tour de France on Thursday
- “The 33-year-old American led his team to victory.”
The closest meaning to the underlined word is___
- What is the Team CSC’s time?
- 1 hour, 10 minutes, 40 second
- 1 hour, 10 minutes, 42 second
- 1 hour, 10 minutes, 38 second
- 1 hour, 12 minutes, 40 second
- 1 hour, 12 minutes, 42 second
Why is Mexico City growing so fast? Where are all these people come from? They are coming to the country. Life is hard on the farms in Mexico. Most people on farms have to live very simple life. They have no extra money for modern things. People think life in the city must be better. So they leave their farms and move to Mexico City.
- The best topic of the above paragraph is _____
- life in Mexico City today
- modern life in Mexico City
- the population in Mexico City
- why country people move to Mexico City
- how Mexican farmers live in the country
- What is the main idea of the paragraph above?
- Mexico City is growing extremely fast
- Population in Mexico City is growing fast
- Living conditions in the city very good
- The farmers living in the city have a better life
- The hard life in the country makes the people move to the city
This new and unusual building in the downtown business district offers unique opportunities for small midsize tenants to occupy an entire floor.
From 1,600 to 6,000 square feet are available for immediate occupancy.
Commuting is easy; with the nearest subway stop only one block away. Convenient shops, restaurants, hotels, and business services. For leasing information call 303-572-5947
- The communicative purpose of the text is to?
- describe office suites
- advertise office suites
- sell office suites
- make a deal about office suites
- tell readers about office suites
- What is the advertisement about?
- Leasing office suites
- Building in business districts
- Conveniences offered by the company
- Available to get unique opportunities
- Hotels and restaurants in the downtown
- “For leasing information call 303-572-59947.”
The underlined word means _____
- Commuting is easy, …
The closest meaning to the underlined word is___
- doing business
- Which of the following is NOT close to the building?
- Subway stop
- Business center
- Pay exact fare when boarding the bus. Drivers cannot make change
- Upon boarding the bus, move toward the rear of the bus. Stand in the passenger area, not in doorways or beside the driver
- Allow senior citizens and disabled riders to use the priority seating area at the front of the bus
- No music without earphone
- Eating, drinking and smoking are not allowed on the bus
- What is the purpose of the text?
- To inform readers what are available on a bus
- To give a report about driving on a bus
- To describe the driver’s activity
- To direct passengers about what to do and not do on a bus
- To ask readers to obey traffic regulations
- To give instruction, the writer mostly expresses it in_____
- Imperative sentence
- Direct speech
- Declarative sentence
- Interrogative sentence