SAYA BERIKAN COPAS BEBERAPA DARI ISI FILE DOWNLOAD TANPA GAMBAR UNTUK MENJADI ACUAN ANDA. TOMBOL DOWNLOAD ADA DI BAWAH.
The Star Company Guarantee.
If you are not satisfied with this product for any reason, return it to the address below.
We will repalce it free of charge. Or, call our Customer Service Office at (021) 45686733.
Between the hours of 9 A.M., and 5 P.M, Monday throught Friday.
The Star Company
Jl. Waru No 35
- What is the purpose of this notice ?
- to tell how to repair a product
- to launce the company’2 products
- to explain the company’s return policy
- to give the company’s telephone number
- to explain the job of the customer service office.
- What will happen, when a customer return a product ?
- the customer will receive the letter
- the customer will get a phone number
- the customer will be given a replacement
- the customer will be charged some money
- the customer will recognize the company’s products.
Sunny one-bedroom apartment
In small, six-apartment building. $950/month.
Convenient location-bus, stores, restaurants nearby.
Available on the fifteenth of the month. For more information call 637-1220 evenings and weekends.
- What is being rented ?
- One bedroom
- One store
- One apartment
- Six apartment
- When can a new tenant move in ?
- On the weekend
- On the fifteent day of the month
- In fifteen days
- In the evening
- As soon as the rent is paid
- What does the ad tell us about the place for rent ?
- It is small
- It is cheaper than nearby apartments
- It is close to the information call
- It is close to restaurants and stores
- It is available this weekend
- Which one is NOT TRUE according to the text ?
- The apartment is near the bus
- We can ask for the information by phone in the evening
- The apartment is available before the fifteenth of the month
- The apartment is not big enough
- The apartment has a one bedroom
Don’t spend you lunch hour waiting in line.
Come to Joe’s Hamburger Grill for a quick and tasty lunch.
Our menu features 25 different types of hamburgers served with :
- Sliced onion or tomatoes
- Spicy sauces
Your order is guaranteed to be on your table within five minutes or it’s free!
Joe’s is located on North Main Street in the heart of the downtown business district.
See you there!
- What is being advertised ?
- A restaurant
- A butcher’s shop
- A tasty lunch
- A grocery store
- A food delivery service
- What does the advertisement tell us about Joe’s hamburger ?
- They are big
- They are served with salad
- The sauce coast extra
- There are three tastes
- There are 25 different kinds
- Who would most likely go to Joe’s ?
- Office workers
- Heart patients
- What is guaranteed by Joe’s Hamburger Grill ?
- It is more tasty than other hamburgers
- It is bigger than other hamburgers
- It is served not more than 5 minuted
- It is ordered in 5 minutes
- It is free for ordering less than 5 minutes
- What is not served with Hamburger in Joe’s Hamburger Grill ?
- Spicy sauces
- Sliced onion
- Spicy onion
- Sliced tomatoes
INSTITUTE OF INTERNATIONAL COMMUNICATION
Have you always wanted to speak d foreign language ? Or two or three ?
Now you can! We offer classes for adults in :
English – French – Spanish – Japanese – Chinese – Korean
All levels from beginning through advanced
Register for summer classes now
We have both day and evening schedules.
Call 564-0284 M-F 7 A.M – 9.30 P.M
Or visit us at 6793 Independence Boulevard, Suite 1001.
- What kind of business is the Institute of International Communication ?
- Language school
- Telephone company
- Communicative class
- Computer training
- Translation service
- When is the Institute open ?
- Every day of the week
- In the evenings only
- Monday through Friday
- The first two days in a week
- In the mornings only
- Who would probably not use the Institute’s service ?
- Office workers
- Which one is TRUE according to the text ?
- The institute offers more than six languages
- There is no beginners class in this institute
- Only evening class is offered in this institute
- We can call 564-0284 M-F in the evening only
- Every student can only chosee one language class.
How We Stay Fit
- What information does this table tell us ?
- How often people of different ages exercise
- Which age group exercise most
- How many exercise people usually do in a week
- Where people prefer to exercise
- Which kinds of exercise people of different ages prefer
- Which is the most popular form of exercise for people aged 31-40 ?
- Working out at gym
- Walking or running
- Staying at home
- Bicycle riding
- For which age group is working out at a gym the most popular form of exercise ?
- Age 0-20
- Age 21-30
- Age 31-40
- Age 41-50
- Age 50+
- What can we infer from this table ?
- People aged 21-30 exercise more than people in other age groups
- Most people aged 31-40 belong to a gym or health club
- Many people ages 41-50 don’t enjoy bicycle riding
- People aged 21-30 don’t enjoy walking
- People aged 51+ don’t exercise as much as they used to
Smith & Sons Property Management Company
Residential Property Managers
Name : Edna S. Vincent
Current Address : 705 Eastern Avenue, Greentown, NY
Years at current address : 6 months
Daytime phone : 347-0987
Evening phone number : 347-9965
Employer : Griselli’s Market
Which apartment are you interested in ? 1675 River Street, Apt. 4
- What is the business of Smith & Sons Company ?
- It rents out apartments
- It manages offices
- It rents commercial property
- It manages tenant application
- It buys residential property
- What does Edna S. Vincent want to do ?
- She wants to paint her apartment
- She wants to be a new employer
- She wants to work for Smith & Sons
- She wants to rent a new apartment
- She wants to get a new phone number
- What is 705 Eastern Avenue ?
- The place where Smith & Sons is located
- The place where Edna Vincent wants to live
- The place where the applicant visit Smith & Sons
- The place where Eda Vincent lives now
- The place where the applicantion must be submitted.
- We can from the text that ?
- The new employer is Edna S. Vincent
- Edna S. Vincent has been living in the current address for 6 months
- Smith & Sons has one telephone number
- Edna S Vincent is living 1675 River Street, Apt 4 now
- Smith & Sons manages the commercial properties
Howard’s Mall Order Business Supply Company
|715||Paper clips||100 boxes||$15.00|
|900||Photocopier paper||50 boxes||$300.00|
|346||Black felt-tipped pens||50 boxes||$75.00|
|012||Yellow pencils||75 boxes||$65.00|
See table for shipping costs. Shipping is free on orders of $400 or more. Questions ? Call Customer Service at 800-555-2121
- What is this form used for ?
- Calling the customer service
- Ordering from a catalog
- Counting supplies on hand
- Planning a budget
- Writing a receipt
- What is the cost of photocopier paper ?
- $300 a box
- $20 a box
- $50 a box
- $6.00 a box
- $9.00 a box
- Why is the cost of shipping not written on the form ?
- Because it isn’t known
- Because the customer made a large order
- Because the items won’t be shipped
- Because the shipping cost is lower than the orders
- Because Customer Service will write it in
- Who propbably filled out this form ?
- A teller
- An office manager
- A teacher
- A student
- An artist
Your opinion is important to us. Please rate us in the following areas :
Decon □excellent Rgood □fair □poor
Speed of service □excellent □good Rfair □poor
Menu selection □excellent Rgood □fair □poor
How was your meal ?
Soup or salad □excellent □good Rfair □poor
Entrée □excellent □good Rfair □poor
Dessert Rexcellent □good □fair □poor
Drink □excellent □good □fair Rpoor
Comments : I had a very unpleasant meal. The service was terrible, and the menu selection isn’t very interesting. The only part of the meal I enjoyed was the dessert. I recommend that you hire a new chef.
- What is the purpose of this form ?
- To order food from a menu
- To give one’s opinion of a restaurant
- To persuade the curtomer of a restaurant
- To evaluate an employee’s work
- To apply for a job at a restaurant
- Which part of the meal did this person like the least ?
- What is this person’s opinion of the menu selection ?
- It is excellent
- It is good
- It is very good
- It is fair
- It is poor
- What is this person most likely to do in the future ?
- Apply for a job as a chef
- Criticize the owner of the restaurant
- Order a different meal
- Eat at a different restaurant
- Invite his friends to the restaurant
This Friday, January 25, is the registration deadline for the spring semester.
Complete your registration form in the Administrative Office on the first floor between the hours of 8:30 A.M, and 6:30 P.M. Payment must be made at the time of registration, so bring your credit card, a money order, or cash with you. Personal checks will not be accepted. No late exceptions. Classes begin Monday, January 28.
- Why is January 25th important ?
- It is the time to gather the students
- It is the last day the Administrative Office will be open
- It is the last day to register for spring semester classes
- It is the first day of the spring semester
- It is the all class work must be submitted to the professor.
- What will probably happen if a student does not bring a form payment to the administrative office by January 25th ?
- He or she will not allowed to register
- He or she will be the new student
- He or she can pay on the first day of class
- He or she will receive a bill in the mail
- He or she will be charged extra.
The old witch locked Hansel in a cage and set Gretel to work cleaning the house. She planned to eat them both. Day by day, Hansel got fatter and fatter but poor Gretel got thinner and thinner because she was only given scraps to eat. Each night the children cried and begged the witch to let them go.
Meanwhile, back at the house where Hansel and Gretel lived, their stepmother was beginning to wish she had never tried to get rid of them.
“I must find them”, she said and set off into the forest.
Many hours later, when her feet were tired from walking and her lips were dry from thirst, she came to the cottage belonging to the witch. The stepmother peeped through the window. Her heart cried out when she saw the two children.
She picked up the broom leaning againts the door and crept inside. The witch was putting some stew in the oven when the stepmother gave her an almighty push. The witch fell into the oven and the stepmother shut the door.
“Children, I have come to save you,” she said, hugging them tightly. “I have done a dreadful thing. I hope in time you will forgive. Let me take you home and we will become a family again.”
They returned to their home and the stepmother became the best mother anyone could wish to have, and of course, they lived happily ever after.
- What is the text telling about ?
- The bad witch
- The good stepmother
- The two unlucky children
- The tricky witch
- The tricky stepmother
- What generic structure is used in paragraph one ?
- General statement
- The following statements are the reasons why the children cried, except …
- They were hungry
- They hated the old witch
- They were afraid of the old witch
- They wanted to go home
- They were unhappy living there
- Why did the stepmother hope the children would forgive her ? Because …
- She loved them
- She wanted to save them
- She had made something wrong to them
- She did not need them
- She had looked for them
- “…. The stepmother peeped through the window …..” (paragraph 5)
The underlined word means …
- looked at slowly and secretly
- looked at quickly and secretly
- looked at slowly and carefully
- run quickly and secretly
- run quickly and carefully
Jack and his mother became very rich. They had a hen that laid golden eggs and a golden harp that played the most wonderful music. They lived in a big house on the edge of the wood and had many servant. But, Jack and his mother became greedy and very mean.
One day an old woman came to the door. “would you like to buy some beans ?” She asked Jack.
“Yes, but I will only give you a penny’” Jack answered.
The old woman was so poor that she accepted the penny and went away. Jack told one of the servants to plant the beans and water them. In no time at all, the beanstalks grew so tall that they touched the clouds. Jack climbed up the tallest beanstalk and found himself back at the giant’s land. Ahead of him was the big castle. He knocked on the door but there was no answer, so he went inside.
The floor and walls were covered with jewels and gold coins. Soon he filled his pockets with the jewels and money, and was just about to run away when he heard loud footsteps. Suddenly he found himself in a giant fist. It was the fist of the same giant he met in his previous adventure. There was no way for Jack to escape.
“Fee fi fo fum, I’m so glad you’ve come. Be you alive or be you dead. You’ll be my slave or off with your head.!” So Jack became the giant’s slave. He cooked, washed and cleaned the castle. He had to do everything the giant asked. Jack was very unhappy and begged to go home but, alas he was made to stay on at the castle.
The giant, however, married a princess not long after that, and they lived happily ever after!.
- What does the story talk about ?
- The wicked giant
- The giant’s revenge
- The amazing beanstalks
- The kind old woman
- The happy Jack’s family
- Which one is NOT the reason why Jack and his mother became greedy and very mean ?
- They became rich
- They had many friends
- They had a hen that laid golden eggs
- They lived in a big house on the edge of the wood
- They had a golden harp that played the most wonderful music.
- Why couldn’t Jack run away when the giant came ?
- He was caught by the giant
- He found the second adventure
- He was trapped in the front door
- He didn’t know the gate to run away
- He carried many jewels and gold coins.
- What do you call the last paragraph ?
- “… but, alas, he was made to stay on at the castle.” (par 4)
The word alas has the sam meaning with …
- expressing regret
- expressing surprise
- expressing pleasant
- expressing order
- expressing hop
There was once a woman who wanted a small child but didn’t know where to get one. So she went to a witch for a help.
“A little child ? said the witch. “That’s easy. Here’s magic seed from the war, coun. Plant it in a flowerpot and see what happens.!”
The woman thanked the witch, paid her with a piece of silver, and wnet home to plant the magic seed. As soon as it touched the soil, the seed grew into a tulip, whose flower opened with a pop. In the midlle of the flower sat a tiny girl.
“why, the pretty little thing is hardly as big as my thumb!” cried the woman. “I am going to call her Thumbelina”
The woman made Thumbelina a bed from a walnut shell. Instead of going out, Thumbelina played on the kitchen table. Her favorite game was sailing across a bowl of water in aboat made from tulip leaf. As she sailed, she sang in high, sweet voice.
One night, an old, damp toad got in through an open window and hooped down onto the kitchen table. “Just the wife for my soul!” the toad declared when she saw Thumbelina sleeping in her tiny bed.
The toad picked up the walnut shell and hopped out through the window into the garden. At the bottom of the garden, there was a stream with muddy banks, and that was where the old toad lived with her son. He was even damper and uglier than his mother. When she saw the pretty little girl a sleep in the walnut shell, all he could say was, “Ribbik! Ribbik!”
“Not so loud!” whispered the old toad. “If you wake her up, she’ll run away. We’ll put her in a water-lily leaf in the middle of the stream so she won’t be able to escape. Then we can clead out the best room for the wedding.”
In the morning, when she woke, Thumbelina was started to find herself on a big green leaf in the middle of a stream.
- What was the woman’s problem ?
- She went to the witch
- She wanted a small child
- She had a very small child
- She only had a piece of silver
- She didn’t know where to get a child
- What is the communicative purpose of the text ?
- To entertain the readers with a fairy story
- To describe about the life of Thumbelina
- To persuade the readers to take care of their children
- To inform the readers about Thumbelina
- To describe how a woman get a child
- One night, an old, damp toad got in through an open window and hopped down onto the kitchen table. (paragraph 6)
- Which statement is true according to te text ?
- Thumbelina was a cheerful girl
- The old toad was more handsome
- The woman didn’t love Thumbelina
- Thumbelina loved the toad very much
- Thumbelina was the woman’s daughter.
- Thumbelina’s bed was made from …
- a flower of tulip
- a folwerpot
- a magic seed
- a water of leaf
- a walnut shell
It was the night of the fair, and the children at Tim’s school were really excited. They ran down the path out of school as fast as they could. Tim ran all the way home, and changed into his jeans and sneakers. He ate his dinner quickly, and sat at the window waiting for his dada to come home. He couldn’t wait for six o’clock when the fair would begin. He hada been saving his pocket money for weeks.
When Tim and his family arrived at the fair, it had just opened. Already there were crowds of people swarming around footstalls, displays and dozens of rides. “Can I buy some chips and a drink? Asked Tim.
“Okay,” said Tim’s dad. “But hang on tightly to your wallet-there’s a lot of people around.” “I’ll be fine,” said Tim impatiently.
He found a footstall, and ordered his food. When the man brought his chips and drink, without thinking, Tim put his wallet on the counter and picked up his food and drink. When he glanced back, his wallet had vanished! Tim desperately looked around him, but it was no use. If only he’d listened to his dad. All his pocket money was gone.
- What does the text talk about ?
- The excited fair experience for Tim in the fair
- The unpleasant experience for Tim in the fair
- The nice dinner for Tim with his family
- The good chip and drink for Tim in the fair
- The excited travelling for Tim in the fair
- How is the situation in the fair that night ?
- Many people bought some chips and drink
- There were crowds of people riding some horses
- There was the man brought his chips and drink
- Many people swarmed around footstalls
- Many people displayed the dozens of rides
- What did Tim do before going to the fair ?
- He ate his dinner with his family
- He ran all way to the fair
- He changed into his jeans and bag
- He came home very late
- He was waiting for his dad at the window
- What happened with Tim’s wallet in the air ?
- It was used to save his pocket money for weeks
- It was given by his father in his birthday
- It was put on the counter carefully
- It might be taken by other person
- It was used to buy his food and drink
- “…His wallet had vanished…” (Last paragraph)
The underlined word has the same meaning with …
- Disppeared suddenly
- Disguise suddenly
- Dismiss suddenly
- Distract quickly
- Disclose quickly
- What does the writer tell us about ?
- The journey of dwarfs finding the Snow Shite
- The journey of Snow white meeting the dwarfs
- The happy Snow White in the dwarfs
- The wicked Uncle and Aunt to Snow White
- How Snow White ran away from her castle
Once upon a time there lived a little girl named Snow White. She lived with her Aunt and Uncle because her parents were dead. One day she heard her Uncle and Aunt talking about leaving Snow White in the castle because they both wanted to go to America and they didn’t have enough money to take Snow White.
Snow White did not want he Uncle and Aunt to do this so she decided it would be best if she ran away. The next morning she ran away from home when her Uncle and Aunt were having breakfast. She ran away into the woods. She was very tired and hungry. The she saw this little cottage. She knocked but no one answered so she went inside and fell asleep.
Meanwhile, the seven dwarfs were coming home from work. They went inside. There they found Snow White sleeping. Then Snow White woke up. She saw the dwarfs. The dwarfs said, what is your name? ‘Snow White said, “My name is Snow White”.
Doc said, “If you wish, you may live here with us”. Snow White said,” Oh could I ?” “Thank you”. Then Snow White told the dwarfs the whole story and Snow White and the 7 dwarfs lived happily ever after.
- Why did Snow White’s Uncle and Aunt want to leave her ? Because …
- They hated her
- Snow White was really lazy
- They didn’t have enough money to bring her to America
- They wanted to enjoy their holidays in Amerika freely
- They hoped that Snow White could meet the dwarfs
- What did Snow White enter the little cottage for ?
- To meet the dwarfs and ask for meal
- To meet the dwarfs and ask for carring her
- To steal the food owned by the dwarfs
- To look for the food and take a rest
- To inform the dwarfs about her stories
- Which of the following statements is correct based in the text ?
- Snow white ran away to her castle
- The dwarf were very kind to Snow White
- Snow white’s uncle and aunt loved her very much
- Snow white was afraid of the dwarf
- Snow white couldn’t sleep well in the little cottage
- “She ran away into the woods ….”(Par 1)
The underlined word has the same meaning with ….
A long time ago, a king and a queen had a baby girl. There was a bad old fairy who said, “ The Princess is going to cut her hand on a spindle and die.”
The good fairy came and said, “She is not going to die. She will cut her hand on a spindle and sleep for a hundred years; then a prince will come and she will wake up.”
Seventeen years passed and the princess grew up to be a beautiful and clever girl.
One day she went to a part of the palace where she had never been before. She sat down in front of an old spinning wheel and cut her hand on a spindle. Then she went and so did everyone else in the palace.
A hundred years later a young Prince came and saw the palace among high trees. He went upstairs. The prince came to a room and found the princess sleeping. He kneeled beside her and said, “Wake up, Sleeping Beauty.”
The Princess woke up and at once everybody else woke up, too. The Prince married Sleeping Beauty and together they lived happily ever after.
- Which of the following is not true according to the text ?
- Sleeping beauty is a princess
- Sleeping beauty grew up into a smart girl
- It was quiet in the palace when Prince came
- The young Prince came when Sleeping beauty was seventeen years old
- When Sleeping Beauty woke up immediately everybody else woke up, too.
- The Princess was called Sleeping Beauty because …
- she was very beautiful
- she was the daughter of a king
- she slept for a long time
- she was married with a handsome prince
- she lived in beautiful palace
- Who had slept for a hundred years ?
- Every body in the palace
- The princess
- The princess and every body in the palace
- The king and the queen
- The prince
- The communicative purpose of the text is to …
- describe how was sleeping beauty
- entertain the reader with a fairy tale
- persuade the reader to read the story
- inform the reader about Sleeping Beauty
- explain the reader why Sleeping Beauty slept for a long time.
- “…There was a bad old fairy who said …”(par 1)
The underlined word means …
- The speech from the old person
- The imaginary of the princess when she was old
- The person’s imaginary with magical power
- The old person who predicted the future
- The honesty person who speech for the King
Long time ago in the West Java, lived a woman named Dayang Sumbi whose husband male dog. One day her son, Sangkuriang, was hunting with the male dod, called Tumang in forest and found nothing. He blamed Tumang for the failure and killed Tumang. When Dayang Sumbi knew that, she hit Sangkuriang’s head with a big spoon and expelled him.
Many years later, the wandering Sangkuriang met an old beautiful woman and forced to marry her. He didn’t know that in fact she was his mother, but she recognized the adventurer as Sangkuriang. So,she told him to build a vast boat for their honeymoon, just in one night.
In the night, Sangkuriang called his friend, ghosts and forest fairies to help him. Feared the boat to complete, Dayang Sumbi asked other women in the nearby forest to help her to disturb the ghosts and fairies. The morning come before the boat was completed, and the ghosts and the fairies ran away. Being angry, Sangkuriang kicked away the boat to the downside, and it turned into a mountain, called Tangkuban Perahu, which stood in the north of Bandung, until now.
- Which of the following is not true according to the text ?
- The story has a sad ending
- Dayang Sumbi got married to the dog
- Tumang was Sangkuriang’s father
- Sangkuriang completed the boat perfectly
- Tumang was killed by Sangkuriang
- When Dayang Sumbi knew that, she hit Sangkuriang’s head with a big spoon and expelled The underlined words means …
- sent away
- went away
- Why was Sangkuriang angry ? Because …
- Dayang Sumbi went in the nearest forest
- The ghosts and fairies helped Dayang Sumbi
- He failed to build the vast boat
- He didn’t know that Dayang Sumbi was her mother
- He kicked away the boat turning into a mountain
While I was on holiday, I met this girl from England called Sharon. She told me lots of things about school life in England. First of all, Sharon said that she really liked her school. She said that the teachers were really excellent. They were very strict, but she thought that was OK because it meant that discipline was good.
Sharon said her favorite teacher was Mr. Wilson. He was really good because he had a different approach to the other teachers. He always gave then lots of confidence to be able to do things.
- The text is about …
- a strict teacher
- holiday’s activity
- the school life in England
- Sharon’s experience at school
- Excellent and favorite teachers
- The following are true about Sharon, except …
- A favorite teacher
- The English student
- A girl from England
- Wilson’s student
- The writer’s new friend
- The word “them” in the last sentence refers to …
- The students
- The readers
- The teachers
- The writer and Sharon
- The writer and the readers
- They were very The underlined word means …
Dear Mom and Dad,
Tom and I visited the Grand Canyon last week. It was great!
The Grand Canyon is in the state of Arizona. Over millions of years, the Colorado River out through the rock and formed the canyon. It is very beautiful.
We started our hike on the South Rim. We hiked to the bottom of the canyon to a place called Phantom Ranch. We stayed there overnight. The next day, we rode mules to the top of the canyon. My mule had thick fur and was slow, but I was happy that I didn’t have to hike all the way to the top.
I saw a beautiful sunset while I was in the canyon. The sky was yellow, orange, and red. I took pictures, so I will show you when I get home.
I bought some presents at the Visitor Center I bought a bracelet and a book. I’ll see you next week.
- We stayed there overnight (see paragraf 3, line 2)
The word there refers to …
- South Rim
- Colorado River
- Phantom Ranch
- The Grand Canyon
- What is the second event?
- Visiting the Grand Canyon
- Hiking on the South Rim
- Buying some presents
- Staying overnight
- Riding mules
- What is the synonym of presents in the sentence. “I bought some presents at the Visitor Center?
- The next day we rode mules to the top of the canyon. What is the mule? It is …
- a bicycle
- a vehicle
- a person
- an animal
- …, so I will show you when I get home. The word you refers to …
- writers parents
I arrived at Bengkulu yesterday. This morning I went out to draw some money from the bank machine. Leaving the ATM, I walked to a park neearby and sat down on a bench meatball seller was busy serving his customers. I ordered a bowl of meatballs just to see what would taste like in Bengkulu. Well, it tasted exactly the same as the meatball in Yogyakarta asked the man where he comes from and found out that he came from Wonosari, a district tow to the south of Yogyakarta. We had a quite a long talk in Javanese.
Back in the hotel room I was still thinking of what this meatball seller had been saying. He was simple man, saying something that would equal to what I would teach my students a t school. He was a simple man who was able to practice tolerance without having to go to university to learn it.
- “… A park nearby and …” (paragraf 1). The antonym of the underlined word is …
- next to
- close to
- far away
- a short distance
- Which of the following is TRUE according to the text ?
- The meatball seller could not speak Javanese
- The meatball seller hade gone to the university
- The writer stayed at the meatball seller’s house
- The writer would teach students about tolerance
- The writer has already known the meatball seller before
- What is the writer’s job ?
- A meatball seller seller
- A researcher
- A journalist
- A reporter
- A teacher
- This morning I went out to draw some money from the bank machine. The underlined word means …
- transfer money
- deposit money
- count money
- take money
- give loans
- Where is Bengkulu located ?
- South Sumatra
- North Sumatra
- West Sumatra
- North Sulawesi
- South Kalimantan
Last holiday I visited a sheep property. I helped in the shearing sheds and in the yard.
On the first day the Merino weathers were crutched. I helped by sweeping up after the rouse about picked up the wool pieces. Shearers start early (at 7.30 am).
After lunch, we started shearing the lambs. There were more than 400 so we didn’t finish until the next day. Once again I was sweeping and picking up dags.
I was tired by the end of the day in the shed but our work wsn’t finished. We all had to help to get the weathers and lambs back into the paddocks. As well, we had to get a mob of ewes and their lambs into the yards for shearing the next day. Then it was time for tea (that’s what my nanna calls dinner).
This was a very long day but I enjoyed it a lot.
- What made them to continue the shearing activity until the next day ?
- There were too many sheep.
- There were too many leftovers.
- There were not enough shearers.
- There were technicak difficulties.
- There were no more sheep to shear.
- The writer visited a … during his last holidays.
- meat processing facility
- sheep property
- state property
- animal shelter
- sheep pen
- When did they start the sheep shearing activity ?
- at dusk
- at night
- after lunch
- early morning
- at the end of the day
- what does the text above tell us about ?
- How to shear a sheep
- How to spend a holiday at the ranch
- How crutched the Merino weathers was
- The diary of a sheep shearing community
- The writer’s experience in a sheep property
- What does “mob of ewes” mean ?
- a shearing tool
- a stack of wall
- a pack of sheep
- a sheep’s paddock
- a process in sheep shearing
We made a tree house in Beeches Wood and it was briliiant. It had a ladder and a room with windows and a door. It had a bell on a rope for emergencies.
On Saturday it was my turn to be the lookout. It was really hot and the sun was so bright. I shut my eyees and feel asleep. When I woke up I heard voice. It was the Kent Road Gang. They pushed me out of the tree house. I didn’t have time to ring the bell because they were already on top of me.
Jack was rally crss, so I told that the sun had been in my eyes and I hadn’t seen them coming. But he didn’t believe me, he knew I’d been asleep.
- Which is NOT TRUE about the text ?
- The tree house had windows and a door.
- The tree house had a bell on a rope for emergencies.
- The Beeches Wood Gang came because of the ringing bell
- It was Saturday, the weather was very hot and the sun was bright
- The bell should have been rung if anyone had come near the tree house.
- What do you see about the text ?
- This Narrative text is a fairy tale.
- This type of Recount is a journal
- This Recount is written in the first person
- This Recount is written in the third person
- This paragraf cannot be called orientation.
- Why did the writer not ring the bell ?
- because of the bright sun
- because he has no time to ring
- because he was on guard alone
- because the bell was on the rope
- because it wasn’t an emergencies
- “… because they were on top of me (paragraf 2)
- Jack and the other members
- The Beeches Wood Gang
- The Kent Road Gang
- Both Gang
- The bell
- We made a tree house in Beeches wood (paragraf 1)
This part of the text is called …
- general statement
I did it myself
I found a spider in the bathroom yesterday. I shouted for help, but no one came.
There was no one else in the house. I needed to take a bath, but I couldn’t because of the spider. So, I thought I was very brave! I’ll have to take care of myself! I went to the kitchen and got a glass. Then, I went to the study room and got a paper. Next I went back to the bathroom. Then, I caught the spider in the glass. After that I went to the windows and threw the spider outside.
Finally, I had a bath. I did it myself. I was proud of myself.
- What is told by the writer about ?
- taking a bath
- Why was I proud of myself ? Because …
- I stayed alone
- I did it myself
- I was afraid anymore
- I’ll have to take care of myself
- I could caught spider by myself
- What did the writer feel about the experince ?
- She felt tired
- She felt happy
- She felt not alone
- She felt very brave
- She felt proud of herself
- What tenses did the writer use ?
- Simple Past Tense
- Simple Future Tense
- Simple Present Tense
- Present Perfect Tense
- Present Continuous Tense
The guests in the Apollo Hotel had unpleasant experience yesterday when a fire broke out on the top floor of the building.
The fire had started in the early morning most of the guests were still sound asleep. Guest who happened to be awake already, however, thought he smelt smoke. He went out in the corridor and informed a passing bell-boy. Then, they saw smoke coming around the corridor at the other end of the corridor. The two of them immediately raised the alarm. While, the hole guest ran along the corridor, banging on every door and shouting “Fire! Fire!, the bell-boy altered the rest of the staff and telephone the fire brigade.
The other guests rudely awaked by the hanging and the shouts, rushed out of the rooms. Most of the guests were still in the pyjamas. The guests were ked to safety outside the hotel by the hotel staff.
In no time, the fire engines arrived. A team of firemen hurried to an upper floor of the hotel to investigate the source of the fire, while the rest of them remained on the ground floor prepare flight the flames. By now the whole building was filled with thick, black smoke. The firemen who had gone upstair soon faound that the fire had started in a storeroom on the top floor. Luckily, the fire itself was not very big. After half an hour battle, the firemen had the fire itself under control.
- In which part of the Apollo Hotel did the fire take place ?
- Along the corridor
- In the guest room
- On the ground floor
- At the end of the corridor
- In the storeroom on the top floor
- What is the purpose of the text ?
- To describe a certain hotel
- To give readers amusement
- To explain why something had occurred
- To convince that something had happened
- To give information about the factual event
- The fire brigade knew about the fire after …
- The police told them
- A guest telephoned them
- The bell-boy informed them
- The heard people shouting “fire”
- They saw the smoke coming from the hotel
- The guests in Apollo Hotel had unpleasant experince yesterday when a fire broke out on the top floor of the building (Paragraf 1)
This part of the text is called …
- An event
- An argument
- An orientation
- A recommendation
- A spokesman at the hotel later estimated that the damage caused by the fire would total around fifty million rupiah.
The underlined word is similar to …
I was driving along the coast road when the car suddenly lurched to one side. At first I thought my line had gone but then I saw telegraph poles collapsing the matchsticks. The rocks came tumbling across the road and I had abandoned the car. When I got back to town, well as I said, there wasn’t much left. That was like nightmare.
- What did the writer feel ?
- The writer wants to …
- Describe how something is accomplised through a sequence of actions or steps
- Retell events for the purpose of informing or entertaining
- Describe a particular person, place, or thing
- Amuse or entertain the reader
- Describe the way things are
- Based on the text, we can conclude that …
- Nobody accompany the writer
- It was an amusing experince
- The town is still all right
- The writer felt delighted
- Everything is all right
- “… when the car suddenly lurched to one side.
The synonym of the underlined word is …
- When the writer got back to the town, he got …
- his car ruined
- a nightmare
- his flat tire
Helen, Fika and I were on our way to school. Crossing the road, we saw an old man carrying a big basket of fruits and squatted down.
We ran toward him and asked, “Are you all right?” the old man could not reply. He just shook his head. “I’ll call an ambulance, “said Fika. Then, she ran to a public telephone at nearby barber and called for an ambulance.
A few minutes later, the ambulance arrived and took the old man to the nearest hospital. That day we visited him, in the hospital after school.
He was very happy to see us and thanked us for helping.
- Where did the writer and her friends go ?
- to school
- to the road
- to the hospital
- to school library
- to a public telephone
- The two girls ran to the old man because …
- they were helpful
- he was about to fall
- they’re going to be chased
- he was knocked down by a car
- he was pain and squatting down
- They … after svhool that day …
- shook the man’s head
- visited him in the hospital
- ran to the public telephone
- took him in the nearest hospital
- helped and called an ambulance
- Where did Fika contanct an ambulance ?
- near the hospital
- beside her school
- at a nearby barber
- on her way to school
- at the old lady’s house
- Type of the text is …
- We saw an old man carrying a big basket of fruits and squatted down. The underlined word means …
- What is the best title for the text ?
- Old Stockings
- Buying Shoes
- Unpriced Shoes
- Window Shopping
- Fur-lined High boots
- What is the main idea of the first paragraf ?
- Connie went to a shoe store
- Connie was thinking of fur-lined high boots
- Connie was looking for fur-lined high boots.
- Connie wanted to know the price of the boots
- Connie found the boots she had been looking for
- Connie decided to buy a pair of shoes on because …
- the shoes were very beautiful
- the shoes were the lates fashion
- the attendant asked her to do so
- the price was not too expensive
- the shoes were like her grandmother
- I’d like to buy a pair of boots like the ones you have in the windows display (The 2nd paragraf).
They underlined words mean …
- She wore them when she was young. The word she refers to …
- The attendant
- Grand mother’s writer
- Grandmother’s Connie
- As the price are reasonable …. The synonym of reasonable is …
- very cheap
- too expensive
- What is the news about ?
- The chicken disease in Kupang
- The investigation of chicken death
- The unknown cause of chickens death
- The public fears of avian influenza
- The effects of chicken death
- Which statement is correct ?
- The cause of chicken death is Newcastle disease
- The chicken death in Kupang is caused by virus
- The death of the chickens has no effects to public
- The authority examines the cause of chickens death
- The avian influenza has already spread in Kupang
- It will be investigated there within a month.
The underlined word refers to …
- the deaths
- “… have raised public fears …”
The underlined word is similar to …
Cirebon (JP) At least 10,000 hectares of rice fields in West Java’s Cirebon regency are at risk of being flooded during the rainy season, an official says.
According to Ali Effendi, the Agriculture, Plantation and Livestock Agency Head, besides being located in low-lying areas, irrigation channels in the area hane been damaged, disrupting, the entire irrigation network.
“Water from upstream areas will overflow and subnerge the rice fields, severely affecting the environment, including catchments areas. The rivers are also badly silted up so they are unable to hold water well,” Ali said Tuesday.
He urged the farmers to move their planting schedule forward, saying this might make the rice plants strong enough to withstand expected flood in January and February.
- What is the news about ?
- The flood in Cirebon rice field
- The destruction of the rice field
- The treat of flood in Cirebon rice field
- The caused of flood in Cirebon
- The irrigation system in Cirebon
- Which statement is correct ?
- 10,000 hectares of rice field are destroyed
- Floods has destroyed the irrigation channel
- The farmers suffered from flood
- The farmers should cultivate their fields earlier
- It is impossible to protect the rice field
- “…also badly tilted up so they are …”
- rice fields
- irrigation channels
- “… irrigation channel in the area have been damaged, disrupting, …
The underlined word is similar to …
JAKARTA : Noted composer Erwin Gutawa and his orchestra will hold his first solo comcert. Konser EG, at the Plenary Hall of The Jakarta Convention Centre on 16th May 2002. He will played various kinds of music, from pop and rock to jazz and traditional music.
Top singers such as Chrisye, Krisdayanti and Ruth Sahanaya, as well as group band Sheila on Seven and Slank will also in the show.
Erwin, a former member of the Karimata jazz band won AMI 2001 as best music arranger for his instrumental music album.
- Who will hold the concert?
- Erwin Gutawa
- Karimata Jazz band
- Ruth Sahanaya and Chrisye
- Sheila on Seven and Slank
- Erwin Gutawa and his orchestra
- The list of artists performed in the concert is the main idea of paragraph…
- 1 and 2
- 2 and 3
- Which one of the following sentences is true ?
- Erwin Gutawa will hold the second concert in 2002
- Various kind of music will be played except jazz.
- Slank and Sheila on 7 won’t perform in the concert
- The traditional music was ignorance in the concert
- Erwin formerly played jazz music with Karimata Band
- “…various kinds of music, from pop and rock to jazz and traditional (par 1).
The antonym of the underlined word is …
- up to date
- The purpose of the above text is to …
- report factual information to the audience
- describe how the concert held in Jakarta
- remind the readers about a new policy
- entertain the readers
- describe about Erwin Gutawa
Arsenal extended their lead at the top of the Premier League with a 2-0 over Wigan Athletic, while Manchester United slumped to a shock 1-0 defeat at Bolton Wanderers on Saturday.
Arsene Wenger’s side moved three points clear of second-placed United thanks to goals from William Gallas and Tomas Rosicky in the final seven minutes at the Emirates Stadium. There wa more good news for Arsenal from the Reebok Stadium, where Nicholas Anelka, a former Arsenal forward, helped his old club as his first-half winner ended United’s ten-match unbeaten run in the leagye.
Arsenal who were without midfield trio Cesc Fabregas Alexander Hleb and Mathieu Flamini, found it hard to break down Wigan but eventually took the lead when captain Gallas headed home in the 83rd minute. Czech midfielder Rosicky’s goal two minutes later ensured the Latics, watched by their new manager Steve Bruce, slumped to a seventh successive defeat.
Boltom, who won for the first time under Gary Magson, stunned the champions in the 11th minute when Anelka punished slppy marking to turn in Ivan Campo’s free kick. It was a miserable day for Alex Ferguson, who was without injured striker Wayne Rooney and surprisingly rested Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo.
- The leader of the Premier League was …
- Manchester United
- Bolton Wanderer
- Wigan Athletics
- There were some players who could not in the match except …
- Alexander Hleb
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Nicolas Anelka
- Cesc Fabregas
- Ivan Campo
- Manchester United has stopped from its … winning by the defeat.
- The player who made goals were …
- Wayne Rooney
- William Gallas
- Steve Bruce
- Matheu Flamini
- Ivan Campo
- Which statement is incorrect based on the text ?
- Arsenal has become the champion of Premier League after the match
- Manchester United has won their last ten matches
- Nicholas Anelka was belong to Arsenal player formerly
- Alex Ferguson rested his winger, Ronaldo
- Gary Mason is the Bolton’s coach
- It was a miserable day for Alex Ferbuson, who was without injured striker Wayne Rooney (paragraph 4)
The synonym of underlined word is …
KEBUMEN, Central Java (Antara) : Three people were killed and five others injured when a Taksaka express train from Jakarta to Yogyakarta rammed into a Toyota Kijang car in Kebumen, Central Java, on Thursday.
Kebumen train station official Muhammad Sujono said the accident occurred at 6.30 a.m. at the railway crossing between Wonosari and Kebumen city in Kedung Bener village.
The three fatalities from the ill-fated car were all children under six-years-old and identifies as Rejeki, Zakiah and Hikmatul Khasanah. The injured victims were Muhammad Yusuf, Taryum, Irfani, Tinasari and Ade Abdulrahman.
All fatalities and the injured were from Jakarta and had been evacuated to Kebumen hospital.
- There were … persons who were killed and injured in the accident.
- The victims of the train were except …
- Muhammad Yusuf
- Hikmatul Khasanah
- Irfani Tinasari
- Muhammad Sujono
- Ade Abdulrahman
- The news stated that …
- The accident occurred in the evening
- All victims were brought into Yogyakarta
- All the victims were children
- There were three adults people killed in the accidents
- There were five adults people injured in the accidents
- “…when a Taksaka express train from Jakarta to Yogyakarta rammed into a Toyota Kijang car.
The synonym of underlined word is …
Jakarta (JP) To ensure Jakarta is free of animal-related diseases, officials will continue to inspect goats and cattle fro three days after the Islamic Day of sacrifice, or Idul Adha, which fell on Dec 20. “I have instructed officials to continue checking animals for three more days.” Governor Fauzi Bowo said Thursday after attending Idul Adha prayers at the City Hall.
Some 17 cows and 55 goats left at the City Hall on Thursday were to be taken a slaughterhouse in Cakung, East Jakarta. The head of the city’s animal husbandry, fisheries and marine agency, Edy Setiarto, said officials would check the health of animals both before and after their slaughter.
“I hope there will be no reports of anthrax as there were last year,” Edy said. Last year the administration was forced to ban animals from several locations in Depok, Purwakarta and Bogor from being transported into the city when it was discovered they were infected with anthrax.
Almost 3,000 officials, including 265 veterinarians from the Bogor Agricultural Institute and 50 more from the Jakarta branch of the Indonesian Association of Veterinarians, are axpected to check the health of around 71,000 animals in some 2,200 slaughterhouses located in the capital.
- The news is about …
- The animal slaughter in Jakarta
- The Idul Adha activities in Jakarta
- The anthrax diseases in Jakarta
- The inspection of goat and cattle health in Jakarta
- The banned of animals from some areas
- There were … cattle and goats which were taken to Cakung East Jakarta.
- Edy Setiarto said that …
- There were an anthrax diseases last year
- Anthrax was no more again in Jakarta
- Veterinarians have evacuated the anthrax
- It was discovered an animal with anthrax
- He would not check the animal
- The check of animal health would be provided in …
- one day
- two days
- three days
- four days
- five days
- Last years the administration was forced to ban animals from several location…”(Paragraph 3)
The antonym of the underlined word is …
The Schengen agreement, which allows passport-free travel across the area, now embraces nations. Some 2,000 people celebrated with the EU anthem, Beethoven’s Ode to Joy, and fireworks in the town of Frankfurt on Oder at Germany’s border with Poland.
The Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia joined the zone. German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Polish PM Donald Tusk will mark the event on Friday morning in the town of Zittau, near the point where Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic meet.
Mr Gusenbauer welcomed the extension of the Schengen zone, rejecting fears that it might create crime wave in Austria.
Although the enlargement allows passport-free travel throughout the area, travellers can be asked to carry documents by any of the countries concerned.
- There will be a celebration of Europe free-zone in …
- The news stated that …
- There will be more countries departed from EU
- There will be more crime in Austria
- Travellers will not be checked in any borders
- Mr Gusenbauer felt delighted with the extension
- There were only 24 nations in Europe
- Although the enlargement allows passport-free travel throughout the are
The synonym of the underlined word is …
LAHORE, Pakistan (CNN) A blast targeting former Pakistani Interior Minister Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao on Friday killed at least 35 people and wounded dozens more, local police told CNN. Sherpao survived, but the death toll was expected to rise.
The incident occurred near his residence in Charsadda – a village about 45 kilometers, or almost 28 miles, northeast of Peshawar. It was the second attempt on his life since April, when a suicide bomber blew himself up just a few feet away from Sherpao during a political rally there, injuring him and killing at least 28 people.
Police told CNN they were not sure whether the blast was the result of a suicide attck or a bomb. But they believe Sherpao was the target because he supervised operations againts militants in the tribal areas of Pakistan’s North-West Frontier Province.
The Associated Press of Pakistan reported as many as 50 deaths and say the blast was caused by a suicide bomber inside a mosque, as people were gathering for religious observances of Eid al-Adha. The Muslim holy period coincides with the end of the Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia.
- The bomb incidents happened in …
- Saudi Arabia
- The target of the bomb blast was …
- Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Interior Minister
- The Hajj in Mecca
- Charsadda villagers
- There were … people killed in the first attempt to kill Ahmad Khan Sherpao.
- Sherpao survived, but the death toll was expected to rise.
The synonym of the bold word is …
- From the text, we can conclude that …
- The bomb blast has no effect to Pakistan
- There were two attempt to kill the Minister
- The people were recognize the bomber
- The police was sure with cause of the blast
- The minister was suicide himself with bomb
Jakarta Post, Jakarta
Bank Mandiri, the country largest bank, plans to boost its lending to micro businesses by opening up to 300 more micro units next year to add to the existing 311.
“Micro businesses are very important in Indonesia as they provide employment. That’s why we have to support them,” said micro and retail banking director Budi Gunadi Sadikin on Wednesday.
He said that of the 300 new micro units, 104 would be in Jakarta, 60 in Sumatra, 25 in West Java, 24 in Central Java and Yogyakarta, 30 in east Java, 12 in Bali, 20 in Kalimantan and 25 in Sulawesi and Papua.
According to the central bank, loans of up to Rp. 50 million (around US$5,300) are categorized as micro, from Rp 50 million to Rp 500 million as small and from Rp 5000 million to Rp 5 billion as medium.
Budi said Mandiri commenced lending to micro, small and medium enterprised in 2005.
- Bank Mandiri has already lent to … micro businesses until now.
- Less than 300
- More than 600
- Most of the new micro units that will get loans are in …
- West Java
- Sulawesi and Papua
- The loans is between …
- 50 million to 500 million
- 50 million to 5 billion
- 500 million to 5 billion
- 5 billion to 500 million
- 50 million to US$5,300
- “….as they provide
The antonym of the underlined word is …
Jakarta (JP): a second high tide in less than a month is likely to hit Jakarta’s shores on Dec. 23 and 24, said an Indonesian-Dutch tidal mnitoring body.
The city’s public works body said it has moved into preparetory mode and is repairing coastal embankments in seven areas in North Jakarta.
Jakarta Flood Project, the Indonesian – Dutch partnership, said it has closely monitored tide levels and has calculatedsea water levels on Dec.23 and 24
If you think that Greenland is only a land of snow and ice, where Eskimos live in igloos and eat whale-meat and seal-meat, you are wrong.
These days, the people of Greenland live as comfortably as your own family – perhaps more comfortably, because cold weather never cacthes them by surprise. They know when to expect it, and always get ready for the winter in plenty of time.
Greenland belongs to Denmark and Danes decided to bring Greenland up to date. The Greenlanders needed help because their way of life was changing and they could do nothing about it. Slowly, bit by bit each year, the arctic Ocean round Greenland is getting warmer. The change is tiny – only a fraction of degree each year – but it is enough to alter the kind of wild life in the sea. The Greenlanders used to rely on seals as their main food and source of clothing. But as the sea gets warmer, the seals retreat to the colder seas further north and west. At the sam time, fish move into the Greenland seas. As for whales, they were driven away from Greenland long ago by hunters.
So the government helped the Greenlanders to buy fishing boats. Factories were set up to can the catch. At the same time, new school and hospitals were built. Greenlanders came out of a primitive way of life into modern times all in the space of a few years.
Hundreds of kilometers of ocean separate Greenland from the rest of the world. But the Greenland way of life is now very different from our own.
- The story is about …
- the traditional lives of Eskimos in Greenland
- The change in the temperature of the Arctic Ocean
- The lives of the Eskimos in the land of ice and snow
- The changes happening in the lives of the Greenlanders
- The inability of the Eskimos to give up their primitive life
- Which of the following statements is NOT TRUE ?
- Whale-meat has always been the main food of Greenlanders
- The change in the sea temperature made the seals move to colder waters
- There are no more whales or seals in the Greenland sea
- The result of whale-hunting was that the whales left the Greenland sears
- Instead of seal-meat, fish has become the main food of the Greenlanders.
- One of factors that had a great influence on the lives of people living in Greenland was…
- The ever-langsing winter
- Ther warmer sea temperature
- The vast ocean that surround Greenland
- The great distance from the central government
- The inability to communicate with others
- From the text we may conclude that the Danish government has succeede in …
- Building the most modern school and hospital
- Modernizing the way of life the Greenlanders
- Introducing igloos in which they can live comfortably
- Setting up modern factories especially those producing boats
- Supporting them with facilities to catch seals and whales.
- According to the text, which is TRUE of the Greenland ?
- it is difficult for the Greenlanders to give up their traditional way of life
- Greenlanders have been greatly influenced by the Eskimos
- There is a slight improvement in the life of Greenlanders
- The Greenlanders cannot communicate with other people
- Greenlanders live as comfortably as any other people in the world.
William Lyon Mackenzie King was a Canadian statesman and leader of the Liberal Party who held the office of prime minister for a total of twenty-one years, longer than any public servant in the history of Canada. His father was a prominent judge, and his mother the daugther of William Lyon Mackenzie, leader of the rebellion of 1837 in Upper Canada. Greatly influence by his famours grandfather, King was determined to serve his country in the role of reformer.
After graduation from the University of Toronto with a degree in economics, he study sociology and labor relations at Harvard and Chicago Universities. He served his fell Canadians in many appointed and elected offices, including among them a seat in the parliament, before being elected prime minister in 1921.
His three terms of office were marked by compromise, and he was often critized procrastination. Nevertheless, he earned the respect of most Canadians for his politic astuteness and what one biographer, John Moir of the University of Toronto, has called “essential Canadianness.” According to Moir, King’s methods may have been frustrating some, but he was able to maintain unity and extend Canadian autonomy while acting within difficult federal system.
- What is the author’s main point ?
- King made a valuable contributing to Canada
- King’s methods were frustrating to many Canadians
- King earned the respect of most Canadians
- King came from a prominent Canadian family
- King held many position in government
- According to biographer John Moir, why was King admired ?
- For his procrastination
- For his willingness to compromise
- For his ability to deal with frustration
- For his Canadian persona
- For his compromising
- All these statements are about the King, except…
- He was graduated from University of Toronto
- He had ever studied at University of Upper Canada
- He studied sociology and labor relations at Harvard and Chicago University
- He often served his fellow Canadians in many elected offices
- He was the grandson of William Lyon Mackenzie.
- The word autonomy in the last sentence could best be replaced by …
- It can be inferred from the passage thet William Lyon Mackenzie King was …
- proud of his family
- not popular with the voters
- well uneducated
- good in his methods
- not willing to delay his judgement
Three months ago, Mariza Castro left Honduras. Today, she is in the United States, and she has a job. Castro works behind the counter at McDonalds. Speed is an important part of the work life. Fast-food counter workers are expected to serve customers in less than a minute. At McDonalds they say “Work fast or you don’t last”.
Are McDonald’s workers lucky to have their jobs ? Or are they being exploited ? The answer depend on who you talk to.
McDonalds does many good things. For example, no other company hires more young people than McDonalds. More than half of its workers are under 20 years old. McDonalds also has good redord of hiring minority workers. Thirteen percent of its workers are black. This is better than any other US company.
But the burger house has its critics as well. The pay bothered Edward Rodriguez. He worked for nearly a year at a Los Angeles McDonalds. During that time he got only one 10-cent raise. “I used to joke that working for McDonalds is the closest thing to slave labor in the US today,’ he says. Today, most McDonalds pay about $5.00 an hour. They hire new workers constantly. The restaurant has no other choice because 70 percent of its workers quit or are fired every year.
But McDonalds also gets its share of praise. Its best workers move up quickly. Just talk to 17-year-old Ameer Abdur Razaaq of Harlem, New York City. They call me “Young Crew Chief aroung my block,” he says, “Where else can I go at my age and be in charge of this many people? He sees the job as the first step in his career.
However, most McDonalds crew members never make it to manager because the job pressure is so intense and the rewards so few. As one worker put it, “They expect a lot and they don’t pay you much”.
- What should young people who start working at McDonalds expect ?
- To get a good salary raise every year
- To serve customers in a relaxed way
- To have a good start in making a career
- To be paid a relativity low salary
- To work in a friendly environment
- Who are referred to as minority workers ?
- Black people and immigrant
- Uneducated workers
- All American citizens
- Unskilled workes
- Which of the following statements is NOT TRUE according to the text ?
- McDonalds is better than any other US company
- It is difficult for worker to become McDonalds manager
- McDonalds can be unfair to its workers
- Most employees do not stay long working for McDonalds
- McDonalds hires employees but does not reward them properly
- We can infer that one of the most important factors in hiring employees is …
- We may conclude that the text …
- mainly critizes emplyoyees working for McDonalds
- is taken from a chapter of a book on marketing
- examines the employment situation at McDonalds
- serves as a promotion to attract employees
- describes why McDonalds becomes so popular among youngsters