SAYA BERIKAN COPAS BEBERAPA DARI ISI FILE DOWNLOAD TANPA GAMBAR UNTUK MENJADI ACUAN ANDA. TOMBOL DOWNLOAD ADA DI BAWAH.
A long time ago, a king and a queen had a baby girl. There was a bad old fairy who said, “ The Princess is going to cut her hand on a spindle and die.”
The good fairy came and said, “She is not going to die. She will cut her hand on a spindle and sleep for a hundred years; then a prince will come and she will wake up.”
Seventeen years passed and the princess grew up to be a beautiful and clever girl.
One day she went to a part of the palace where she had never been before. She sat down in front of an old spinning wheel and cut her hand on a spindle. Then she went and so did everyone else in the palace.
A hundred years later a young Prince came and saw the palace among high trees. He went upstairs. The prince came to a room and found the princess sleeping. He kneeled beside her and said, “Wake up, Sleeping Beauty.”
The Princess woke up and at once everybody else woke up, too. The Prince married Sleeping Beauty and together they lived happily ever after.
- Which of the following is not true according to the text?
- Sleeping beauty is a princess
- Sleeping beauty grew up into a smart girl
- It was quiet in the palace when Prince came
- The young Prince came when Sleeping beauty was seventeen years old
- When Sleeping Beauty woke up immediately everybody else woke up, too.
- The Princess was called Sleeping Beauty because …
- she was very beautiful
- she was the daughter of a king
- she slept for a long time
- she was married with a handsome prince
- she lived in beautiful palace
- Who had slept for a hundred years ?
- Every body in the palace
- The princess
- The princess and every body in the palace
- The king and the queen
- The prince
- The communicative purpose of the text is to …
- describe how was sleeping beauty
- entertain the reader with a fairy tale
- persuade the reader to read the story
- inform the reader about Sleeping Beauty
- explain the reader why Sleeping Beauty slept for a long time.
- “…There was a bad old fairy who said …”(par 1)
The underlined word means …
- The speech from the old person
- The imaginary of the princess when she was old
- The person’s imaginary with magical power
- The old person who predicted the future
- The honesty person who speech for the King
Long time ago in the West Java, lived a woman named Dayang Sumbi whose husband male dog. One day her son, Sangkuriang, was hunting with the male dog, called Tumang in forest and found nothing. He blamed Tumang for the failure and killed Tumang. When Dayang Sumbi knew that, she hit Sangkuriang’s head with a big spoon and expelled him.
Many years later, the wandering Sangkuriang met an old beautiful woman and forced to marry her. He didn’t know that in fact she was his mother, but she recognized the adventurer as Sangkuriang. So,she told him to build a vast boat for their honeymoon, just in one night.
In the night, Sangkuriang called his friend, ghosts and forest fairies to help him. Feared the boat to complete, Dayang Sumbi asked other women in the nearby forest to help her to disturb the ghosts and fairies. The morning comes before the boat was completed, and the ghosts and the fairies ran away. Being angry, Sangkuriang kicked away the boat to the downside, and it turned into a mountain, called Tangkuban Perahu, which stood in the north of Bandung, until now.
- Which of the following is not true according to the text ?
- The story has a sad ending
- Dayang Sumbi got married to the dog
- Tumang was Sangkuriang’s father
- Sangkuriang completed the boat perfectly
- Tumang was killed by Sangkuriang
- When Dayang Sumbi knew that, she hit Sangkuriang’s head with a big spoon and expelled The underlined words means …
- sent away
- went away
- Why was Sangkuriang angry? Because …
- Dayang Sumbi went in the nearest forest
- The ghosts and fairies helped Dayang Sumbi
- He failed to build the vast boat
- He didn’t know that Dayang Sumbi was her mother
- He kicked away the boat turning into a mountain
KEBUMEN, Central Java (Antara) : Three people were killed and five others injured when a Taksaka express train from Jakarta to Yogyakarta rammed into a Toyota Kijang car in Kebumen, Central Java, on Thursday.
Kebumen train station official Muhammad Sujono said the accident occurred at 6.30 a.m. at the railway crossing between Wonosari and Kebumen city in Kedung Bener village.
The three fatalities from the ill-fated car were all children under six-years-old and identifies as Rejeki, Zakiah and Hikmatul Khasanah. The injured victims were Muhammad Yusuf, Taryum, Irfani, Tinasari and Ade Abdulrahman.
All fatalities and the injured were from Jakarta and had been evacuated to Kebumen hospital.
- There were … persons who were killed and injured in the accident.
- The victims of the train were except …
- Muhammad Yusuf
- Hikmatul Khasanah
- Irfani Tinasari
- Muhammad Sujono
- Ade Abdulrahman
- The news stated that …
- The accident occurred in the evening
- All victims were brought into Yogyakarta
- All the victims were children
- There were three adults people killed in the accidents
- There were five adults people injured in the accidents
- “…when a Taksaka express train from Jakarta to Yogyakarta rammed into a Toyota Kijang car.
The synonym of underlined word is …
Cirebon (JP) At least 10,000 hectares of rice fields in West Java’s Cirebon regency are at risk of being flooded during the rainy season, an official says.
According to Ali Effendi, the Agriculture, Plantation and Livestock Agency Head, besides being located in low-lying areas, irrigation channels in the area have been damaged, disrupting, the entire irrigation network.
“Water from upstream areas will overflow and submerge the rice fields, severely affecting the environment, including catchments areas. The rivers are also badly silted up so they are unable to hold water well,” Ali said Tuesday.
He urged the farmers to move their planting schedule forward, saying this might make the rice plants strong enough to withstand expected flood in January and February.
- What is the news about ?
- The flood in Cirebon rice field
- The destruction of the rice field
- The treat of flood in Cirebon rice field
- The caused of flood in Cirebon
- The irrigation system in Cirebon
- Which statement is correct ?
- 10,000 hectares of rice field are destroyed
- Floods has destroyed the irrigation channel
- The farmers suffered from flood
- The farmers should cultivate their fields earlier
- It is impossible to protect the rice field
- “…also badly tilted up so they are …”
- rice fields
- irrigation channels
- “… irrigation channel in the area have been damaged, disrupting, …
The underlined word is similar to …
- decreased defeated
- destructed deleted
The old witch locked Hansel in a cage and set Gretel to work cleaning the house. She planned to eat them both. Day by day, Hansel got fatter and fatter but poor Gretel got thinner and thinner because she was only given scraps to eat. Each night the children cried and begged the witch to let them go.
Meanwhile, back at the house where Hansel and Gretel lived, their stepmother was beginning to wish she had never tried to get rid of them.
“I must find them”, she said and set off into the forest.
Many hours later, when her feet were tired from walking and her lips were dry from thirst, she came to the cottage belonging to the witch. The stepmother peeped through the window. Her heart cried out when she saw the two children.
She picked up the broom leaning against the door and crept inside. The witch was putting some stew in the oven when the stepmother gave her an almighty push. The witch fell into the oven and the stepmother shut the door.
“Children, I have come to save you,” she said, hugging them tightly. “I have done a dreadful thing. I hope in time you will forgive. Let me take you home and we will become a family again.”
They returned to their home and the stepmother became the best mother anyone could wish to have, and of course, they lived happily ever after.
- What is the text telling about ?
- The bad witch
- The good stepmother
- The two unlucky children
- The tricky witch
- The tricky stepmother
- What generic structure is used in paragraph one ?
- General statement
- The following statements are the reasons why the children cried, except …
- They were hungry
- They hated the old witch
- They were afraid of the old witch
- They wanted to go home
- They were unhappy living there
- Why did the stepmother hope the children would forgive her ? Because …
- She loved them
- She wanted to save them
- She had made something wrong to them
- She did not need them
- She had looked for them
- “…. The stepmother peeped through the window …..” (paragraph 5)
The underlined word means …
- looked at slowly and secretly
- looked at quickly and secretly
- looked at slowly and carefully
- run quickly and secretly
- run quickly and carefully
Last holiday I visited a sheep property. I helped in the shearing sheds and in the yard.
On the first day the Merino weathers were crutched. I helped by sweeping up after the rouse about picked up the wool pieces. Shearer starts early (at 7.30 am).
After lunch, we started shearing the lambs. There were more than 400 so we didn’t finish until the next day. Once again I was sweeping and picking up dags.
I was tired by the end of the day in the shed but our work wasn’t finished. We all had to help to get the weathers and lambs back into the paddocks. As well, we had to get a mob of ewes and their lambs into the yards for shearing the next day. Then it was time for tea. This was a very long day but I enjoyed it a lot.
- What made them to continue the shearing activity until the next day ?
- There were too many sheep.
- There were too many leftovers.
- There were not enough shearers.
- There were technicak difficulties.
- There were no more sheep to shear.
- The writer visited a … during his last holidays.
- meat processing facility
- sheep property
- state property
- animal shelter
- sheep pen
- When did they start the sheep shearing activity ?
- at dusk
- at night
- after lunch
- early morning
- at the end of the day
- What does the text above tell us about?
- How to shear a sheep
- How to spend a holiday at the ranch
- How crutched the Merino weathers was
- The diary of a sheep shearing community
- The writer’s experience in a sheep property
- What does “mob of ewes” mean?
- a shearing tool
- a stack of wall
- a pack of sheep
- a sheep’s paddock
- a process in sheep shearing
Dear Mom and Dad,
Tom and I visited the Grand Canyon last week. It was great!
The Grand Canyon is in the state of Arizona. Over millions of years, the Colorado River out through the rock and formed the canyon. It is very beautiful.
We started our hike on the South Rim. We hiked to the bottom of the canyon to a place called Phantom Ranch. We stayed there overnight. The next day, we rode mules to the top of the canyon. My mule had thick fur and was slow, but I was happy that I didn’t have to hike all the way to the top.
I saw a beautiful sunset while I was in the canyon. The sky was yellow, orange, and red. I took pictures, so I will show you when I get home.
I bought some presents at the Visitor Center I bought a bracelet and a book. I’ll see you next week.
- We stayed there overnight (see paragraph 3, line 2)
The word there refers to …
- South Rim
- Colorado River
- Phantom Ranch
- The Grand Canyon
- What is the second event?
- Visiting the Grand Canyon
- Hiking on the South Rim
- Buying some presents
- Staying overnight
- Riding mules
- What is the synonym of presents in the sentence. “I bought some presents at the Visitor Center?
- The next day we rode mules to the top of the canyon. What is the mule? It is …
- a bicycle
- a vehicle
- a person
- an animal
- …, so I will show you when I get home. The word you refers to …
- writers parents
Paris is the center of government, art, and fashion. It is French’s biggest city home to about sixth of the nation’s population. Its 2000 years long history means the buildings are mixture of old and new. Visitors come to see the Louvre Museum, the tomb of Napoleon, Notre Dame Cathedral, Eiffel tower and other famous sights.
A spectacular glass pyramid finished in 1989 in the entrance to the Louvre Museum. The Louvre, originally built as a fortress in about 1200 was expanded during the mid 1500s by King Francis I who wanted transform it into a palace. It is now full of houses besides it is as one of the world’s largest art collection.
- The purpose of the text is _____
- to describe how Paris is
- to inform some famous art
- to describe the way people live
- to give opinion of the art collection
- to amuse readers with a beautiful object
- When was the Louvre Museum renovated?
- In 1850s
- In about 2000s
- In the mid 1500s
- During the mid 1299s
- During Napoleon’ rule
- What did King Francis I plan to do with the Louvre Museum?
- He planned to transform it at all
- He planned to change it into a palace
- He wanted to build a new glass pyramid
- He wanted to renovate it to be a museum
- He wanted to rebuilt it into a famous museum
- A place for a dead body, dug in the ground especially used for a monument is a _____
- You can find a lot of _____ things in the museum.
- The text mainly tells us about ____
- Warning of the danger to surf
- Tips to surf safely
- Things to have prior to surfing
- Instruction for a beginner surfer
- How to overcome surfing danger
- What type of text does the writer use?
- The word choppy in line 1 closely means_____
- Stream less
- How many materials do we need if we want to surf?