Saya berikan copas beberapa dari isi file download tanpa gambar untuk menjadi acuan anda. tombol download ada di bawah.
The petroleum we obtain today was formed under the ground for many millions of years. In the past, small animals living in the sea sank to the seabed when they died. Layers of these creatures built up over million of years, and the actions of heat, pressure and bacteria turned their bodies into petroleum. The petroleum spread through porous rocks until it came to impervious rocks. In this way, pocket of petroleum were formed beneath the ground. Over many thousand of years, this land rose above the sea, and deposits of oil are now found on or near land.
Oil company employ scientist to study rocks and discover where oil is likely to be found. If it seems likely that exist beneath their feet, they will drill a narrow hole to find out whether there is any oil. They may be unsuccessful, if a new field is being explored, there is one chance in nine of discovering petroleum.
- What is the text about?
- Deposits of oil
- Pockets of petroleum
- Impervious rocks
- The petroleum
- Oil companies
- The first paragraph is about _____
- How petroleum was formed
- Small animals living in the seabed
- How long petroleum was formed
- What has happened beneath the ground
- The spread of petroleum
- Which of the following statement is correct according to the text?
- Heat, pressure and bacteria play an important role in the formation of petroleum
- Scientist always succeeded in finding a new oil field
- Scientist are employed to form petroleum
- Animals living in the seabed bring deposits of oil to the surface of water
- Oil is usually found on the water surface
- “ _____ and deposits of oil are now found on or near land. The underlined word means _____
- The text can be categorize into _____
Painting The Wall
One morning, one of the witch came over to visit. When she looked around the room, she said “Your house is ugly. My house is more beautiful than yours, and the wall are brighter. The witch was very angry when she heard this and she shouted, “Get out of my house! And don’t ever come back here!”
After her friend left, the witch looked around her house and said to herself, “My friend was right. My house looks ugly and the paint is faded. I have to repaint it. “Then she went to the shop and bought a can of paint
After lunch, she started to paint, and she worked very carefully. In the afternoon she finished the lower part of her house. When she wanted to start painting the upper part, she found out that she couldn’t reach it. Then she got an idea. “I will use my magic broom!” she shouted, “Broom, oh my broom, turn into a paint brush and paint my walls!”.
Suddenly the broom turned into a paint brush and it started the upper walls. It worked very fast, and in ten minutes all the job was done. The witch was very happy.
- How many participants are there in the text above?
- Five participant
- Four participant
- Three participant
- Two participant
- More than two participant
- The type of the text above is _____
- The resolution of the text can be found in paragraph _____
- Paragraph 1
- Paragraph 1 and 2
- Paragraph 2 and 3
- Paragraph 4
- Paragraph 3 and 4
- How is the generic structure of the text above?
- orientation – evaluation – complication – resolution
- newsworthy event – background – source
- identification – description
- orientation – events – reorientation
- aim/goal – material – steps
Fires rage across four Australian states
MELBOURNE, Jan 22 – Fire authorities in four Australian states are to control bush fires fanned by strong winds and searing temperatures.
The Australian reported Sunday that blazes continued to burn in South Australia, Tasmania, Western Australia and Victoria, where up to six homes have been destroyed. In South Australia, much of Adelaide is engulfed in this thick smoke. The fire fighters who are confronted by blast-furnace winds try to bring the flames under control.
At Robertstown in the state’s mid-north, more than 2,500 acres have already burned. Another bush fire, started by lightning, charred the earth near Mouth Flat on the southern side of Kangoroo Island, while Ngarkat Conservation Park, in the state’s upper-southeast, is also a blaze.
A 7,500-acres fire at Mount Agnew in Zeehan, in the state’s west, broke containment lines Saturday afternoon, jumping a road and coming close to homes.
The most serious fires were in Victoria, where up to six homes were destroyed by a fire near the town of Anakie, 36 miles west of Melbourne.
In Tasmania, falling temperatures and patchy rain brought some relief to firefighter, who continued to monitor 22 blazes across the state.
- The writer wrote the text to _____ readers about newsworthy events in four Australian states.
- What is the text about?
- fires in some areas of Australia
- weather effect on fire
- the effect of fire
- the danger of fire
- the cause of fire
- The fires increasingly happened in some parts of Australia because of _____
- A strong winds and searing temperatures
- Falling temperatures
- Thick smoke
- Heavy rain
- The reporter most likely got the information from _____
- fire fighters
- homeless people
- “ _____, while Ngarkat Conservation Park, in the state’s upper southeast, is also a blaze (paragraph 3)
What do the underlined word mean?
- on fire
- at risk
“Koko, where are you?” Hamid called softly to his cat. “He may have wandered to the harbour,” said Hamid’s friend, Muchtar
Soon, the boys were at the harbour’s gate, marked ‘Gate 6”, of Priok Harbour. Two policemen were guarding the gate. The boys moved quietly so that the policemen would not see them. The boys knew the policemen would chase them away if they saw them.
The boys knew the cat was somewhere near he gate because they had heard him meowing. The sound seem to have come from a taxi that parked near by. Hamid and Muchtar saw two men were talking in low tones. Then, one of them opened the car-boot, and Hamid saw Koko crouching among some bags.
Not long after that, the men left. Hamid quickly ran to the taxi, finding the boot unlock. Hamid lifted the lid. What a shock! There were bags of explosive! At the moment, Hamid heard the men coming back. He swept Koko into his arms and ran back to where Muchtar was keeping watch.
“Those men are smugglers trying to bring explosive into the harbour, “Hamid whispered to Muchtar.
“What shall we do?” asked Muctar fearfully.
“We must alert the policemen at the gate.” Hamid said
The boys moved cautiously until they reached the gate. Hamid told the policemen what he had seen. The policemen did not really believe him, but they went with the boys to the taxi. The policemen were just in time to see the men taking the bags of explosive out of the boot.
The policemen quickly stopped the men and handcuffed them.
- Where did the two boys see the smugglers?
- Somewhere near the harbour
- At the guarded gate
- At Priok harbour
- Near a taxi
- At gate 6
- The purpose of the text is to _____
- tell past events
- entertain readers
- describe the smugglers
- report an event to the police
- inform readers about event of the day
- Hamid _____ when he saw bags of explosive inside the boot.
- ran back to Muchtar’s place
- swept Koko into his arm
- found the boot unlock
- left the taxi quickly
- was very shock
- “The policemen quickly stopped the men and handcuffed them.”
(The last paragraph)
This part of the text is called
The Red and White Onion
The story of The Red and White Onion happened in Central Java. It took place in Dadapan village. There were three people in Dadapan village. Their names were Red Onion, White Onion and the mother Dadapan. Their mother was a widow. The White Onion was the widow’s step daughter. The Red Onion was her real daughter.
The old widow treated The Red Onion well, but she treated The White Onion badly. The White Onion usually washed her step mother and step sister’s clothes on the river. Her step mother’s kebaya flew away through the river when she was washing. The color of the lost kebaya is red. The White Onion asked about the lost kebaya to the people around the river for three times. She asked about the lost kebaya to the fisherman for the first time, to the horseman for the second time, to the very old woman for the third time.
The old woman could find the lost kebaya. The husband of the old woman was a giant. The White Onion did many house works for the old woman. She carried the uncooked rice, cook the rice, washed the dishes and swept the yard for her. She gave a yellow squash to The White Onion. There were many things inside it such as gold, diamond, golden coins, and pearl necklaces.
The Red Onion also wanted the yellow squash from the old woman besides The White Onion. She did not help her before she was given a yellow squash. There were thousand of poisonous snakes inside the Red Onion’s squash. The Red Onion’s step mother and step sister were very good to her at the end of story. They were rich and happy at last.
- The purpose of the text is _____
- To amuse the readers
- To describe the yellow squash
- To critique the person’s behavior
- To convince why the story happened
- To give information where it is happened
- “It took place in Dadapan Village”
The underlined word has the same meaning as _____
- What kind of good lesson do you have after reading the text?
- Patience makes The White Onion get something precious
- The old woman gave mercy to The Red Onion
- The White Onion’s step mother is a widow
- The red and White Onion
- The step children are cruel
- The type of the text is a _____
I personally think that English is the world’s most important language. Why do I say that?
Firstly, English is an international language. Many people all over the world, either as a first or second language, speak it.
Secondly, English is also the key to opens doors to scientific and technical knowledge that is needed for economic and politics development of many countries in the world.
Thirdly, English is a top requirement of those seeking jobs. Applicants who master either active or passive are more favorable than those who don’t.
From the facts about, it is obvious that everybody needs to learn English to greet the global era.
- The main idea of the text is _____
- English is international language
- English is the world’s most important language
- English is a top requirement of those seeking jobs
- English is learned by everybody to greet the global era
- English is the key to open the doors a scientific and technical knowledge
- How do you know that English is an international language?
- It is the most important language
- It is needed to greet the global era
- It is as second language in many countries
- It is spoken by many people all around the world
- It is needed for economic and politics development
- “ _____ that everybody needs to learns English to greet the global era.” (paragraph 5)
- to refuse
- to discuss
- to celebrate
- to welcome
- to memorialize
- The communicative purpose of the text is _____
- to describe English
- to retell the past event
- to give report to the people over the world
- to give information about the importance of English
- to persuade the reader about the important of English
- “ _____ than those who don’t (paragraph 4). Those refers to _____
- many people
- people with active English
- people who master English
- people with passive English
If you look at the front of a large, modern hospital, you may notice that there are two separate entrances. One is for patients in need of immediate treatment, it is the emergency entrance. Here ambulances are seen pulling up at any hour of the day or night. The other is the hospital main entrance.
In the ground floor inside main entrance there are a reception area, waiting room and also office. On the floors above an below are the numerous floors will be maternity section for mothers and their babies. Their rooms are usually kept separate from the rest of the hospital, so that the babies do not catch other people’s illness.
The rooms from other patients are usually on the higher floors. There are small rooms for just one patient, slightly larger rooms for two, three or four patients, and larger rooms called wards, in which as many as 40 or 50 patients may lie in rows of bed. On the other floors are the operating rooms, called operating theatres, and special department such as the radiography department, where x-rays are taken and developed.
In the laboratories, special test are carried out on body tissues and fluids to find out patient’s disease. The pharmacy supplies the drugs to treat patients. Near the operating theatres is the blood bank to store blood for transfusions. Here too are the sterilizing theatres and the ward which are cleaned and made free from germs.
- Where can you find the reception area in a modern hospital?
- On the ground floor
- On the floors above
- On the second floor
- Near the maternity section
- At the emergency entrance
- X-rays are taken and developed in the _____
- operating theatres
- emergency section
- maternity section
- radiography department
- The _____ are located on the same floor.
- laundry and the maternity section
- waiting room, the laboratory and the operating room
- radiography department
- the pharmacy
- the sterilizing theatres
- The main idea of the first paragraph is _____
- modern hospital
- operating theatres
- the rooms for patients
- the two kinds of entrances
- the location of departments
- “I want to come to your house tomorrow. What _____ at ten tomorrow?”
- would you do
- have you done
- will you be doing
- have you been doing
- are you going to do
- The bus came after I _____ for about twenty minutes
- have been waiting
- have waited
- am waiting
- had been waiting
- was waiting
- Rifaldi : I ………. the student exchange
programme by next year.
Rabbani: That’s a good idea.
- will have joined
- have been joining
- will join
- “Where’s your motorcycles?”
“It ….. “
- is being serviced
- will be serviced
- has been serviced
- is to be serviced
- was serviced
- My sister is making a nice gown
The passive sentence from that sentence is _____
- My sister is being made by a nice gown
- My sister was made by nice gown now
- A nice gown is being made by my sister now
- A nice gown was being made by my sister now
- My sister and a nice gown are being made
- If we went to bed early every night, we wouldn’t be so tired all the time.
- We go to bed early every night
- We went to bed early every night
- We went to bed so late every night
- We didn’t go to bed so late every night
- We go to bed so late every night
- Why did she leave the job? She _____ if the salary had been better.
- have stayed
- will stayed
- would stay
- may stay
- would have stayed
- I wish I were a millionaire.
This means : I _____ a millionaire
- am not
- would be
- I wish I had understand what he taught yesterday.
It means : _____
- I didn’t understand what he taught yesterday
- What he taught was understandable
- I can understand well
- He just kept silent
- I don’t want to understand what he said
- She smiled at me. She didn’t know me before. She smiled at me as if_____
- she doesn’t me before
- she knows me before
- she doesn’t know me before
- she had known me before
- she knew me before
- The radio is broken, you must have it repaired. It means _____
- you have repaired the radio
- a technician has repaired the radio
- someone has repaired the radio
- you have to find the technician to repair the radio
- I must repair the radio by myself
- My servant cleans my house everyday. This means _____
- I clean my servant’s house everyday
- I have my house cleaned
- I get my house cleaning
- I have my servant cleaned my house
- I order my servant to cleaning my house
- Shopkeeper : Is there anything I can do
Customer : I need a pair of apple
In the dialogue the shopkeeper want to _____ help
- Bobby : Will you go to the movie with
Henny : I’d love to, but I don’t think I
can. There’s so much
homework to do
From the dialogue above we know that Henny is _____
- stating agreement
- giving an opinion
- accepting an offer
- asking for permission
- refusing the invitation
- Rini : How do you like our uniform
Teacher : Wonderful I _____
- I really like it
- I was sorry about it
- I am certain about it
- I am bit disappointed
- I wondered about it
- Clerk : Excuse me sir, this is a non
Guest : Oh, _____ I didn’t see the sign
- how sorry
- it’s a pity
- I am sorry
- With my pleasure
- I accept your apologies
- Nining : I hear Syarif will study in Yogya
Hamid : Yes, he is likely to study there
The underlined expression is used to show _____
- The following expressions can be used to say an ability, except _____
- I am able to …..
- I think I can’t …..
- I am capable of …..
- I am good at …..
- I have ability in …..
- Ali : What was your father’s
purpose in giving you a gift?
Usman : He is _____ with my marks in
the final exam.
- fed up